airmans 93 suzuki sidekick

Owners Name & City- Brandon, Woods Cross Utah

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- 93 suzuki sidekick jx

Engine-1.6L 16V MPFI With calmini headers and custom 2" exhaust

Transmission-5speed manual

T-Case- stock

Axles-5.62 diffs stock axles

Suspension-Calmini 3" Suspension Lift with 3" articulation lift and 2" body lift, Calmini differential Drop Brackets, custom coil spacers

Wheels and Tires- 15" wheels with 31/10.50R15 all terrain tires

Winch-not yet

Favorite Trails-rattlesnake, but this is the only one ive been on yet.

Other-

23170394.jpg

23170392.jpg

23170390.jpg

216737_2215828724541_1512273884_32433606_7185490_n.jpg

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

Finally got the 40" light bar mounted with some custom mounts made by a local company but need to move the hole on the mount up alittle so the bar isnt so close to the roof(a couple mm of space between them).

airmanwilliams

Thank you Steve. Mounts need a bit more redesign work but will soon get that taken care of. Todays project consisted of installing a double din dvd gps navigation since I am VERY directionally(sp?) challenged after spending too many years in a redneck town. My wife I think has been alittle tired of me borrowing her gps so I splurged and got this.

Before and After

Still needs some trim and I need to find a CB Radio large enough for the hole where the ashtray was.

airmanwilliams

Installed an under hood light kit I made today. I think I will be moving the strip alittle later when I am off work tonight so I can better hide the wiring behind the hood supports. Will post photos of it lit up later tonight.

airmanwilliams

Night shots of the underhood light kit. Turned on as soon as I popped the hood. No more trying to hang my light on the hood support cross members

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 10
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 12
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 10

airmanwilliams

cool, that will be handy.

Definately alot easier than my little hanging light I have used to work on the motor and had to move it around everywhere. I think I may also put a strip along the inside of the fenders and firewall and attach them to the same switch. My father likes it alot too and wants me to put it under his hard tonneau(sp?) cover on his tundra with strips along the bedrails so he can see better.

airmanwilliams

So since the Sidekick has been down for a few weeks I decided to order some of the Trailgear 4.24 tcase gears for it, I am so EXCITED. With 5.625 differential gears and 4.24 tcase gears I will need to get this thing out more. To help get myself out more I decided to put in for my first hunt this year and will take the Sidekick out with me on the hunt/hunts.

In waiting for the tcase gears to come I was alittle bored so I decided to clear off a bunch of the stickers I had all over my back window and add a sticker to represent Rme4x4.com while I am out and about.

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 15

airmanwilliams

Well, got tired of the green light bar as well as the fact that it didn't follow the windshield curve well and rubbed the roof so I ordered a curved bar and threw it on today. The mounts still need replaced since they were a prototype but I definately like this curved 40" better and the fact that it follows the windshield and doesn't rub on the roof.

airmanwilliams

Well now. Sitting kind of tall in the rear now. Need to sell plasma this next few weeks I guess to get new shocks, need to figure out what front springs to get me by if I can find some used ones, and need to figure out how to put sidekick ebrake cables in a toyota rear housing.

airmanwilliams

Here is an updated picture of it now with the 90 4runner rear axle in it with 5.71 rear diff gears, 3 link, and toyota tacoma front coils in the rear. Still running the Calmini 3" up front with 5.625 gears and Suzuki IFS. Picking up an 83 front axle this weekend if I dont go to oregon and will start prepping the front for an sas.

Also just got the rocklights installed tonight. Still need a few more in different areas but its a start.