airmans 93 suzuki sidekick

Owners Name & City- Brandon, Woods Cross Utah

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- 93 suzuki sidekick jx

Engine-1.6L 16V MPFI With calmini headers and custom 2" exhaust

Transmission-5speed manual

T-Case- stock

Axles-5.62 diffs stock axles

Suspension-Calmini 3" Suspension Lift with 3" articulation lift and 2" body lift, Calmini differential Drop Brackets, custom coil spacers

Wheels and Tires- 15" wheels with 31/10.50R15 all terrain tires

Winch-not yet

Favorite Trails-rattlesnake, but this is the only one ive been on yet.

Other-

23170394.jpg

23170392.jpg

23170390.jpg

216737_2215828724541_1512273884_32433606_7185490_n.jpg

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

steve it sucks how worthless sidekicks ifs is ..

It's not worthless unless you drive it like it's a buggy with cromo shafts. :D

My ifs trackers were plenty capable. It did rattlesnake, forest lake, and mineral basin with zero breakage. I agree that the aluminum front housing should be swapped out eventually, but the rest is fine; especially for what Brandon's doing. In his total time of owning this rig, it's seen 4L once, and that was up above the B. In all likelihood, this rig won't see Forest Lake, Constrictor, Moab, Mineral Basin, or any trails of that nature (no offense Brandon, that's not an insult, just reality).

This new axle would be stronger, no doubt. And a sas sure looks cool and has more flex, but it's not the best solution for every rig. He could pay someone to do it right, and it could even drive down the freeway well, but in my opinion, it'll never drive better than it does now. You think his wife complains about the ride now? Wait 'till they've got a sas on it, and they're driving from Utah to Oregon. :D

I think it'd be cool to do Brandon, but only for the crawling reasons. I know it would look cool, and a lot of your mods are for looks, just make sure you consider the downsides first, instead of thinking it'll instantly improve your vehicle in every situation. Once I SASed my tracker, I sold it immediately because I preferred the ride of the IFS, and the expense of gearing it to run 33"+ tires is insane. I've never had a solid axle rig drive better than an IFS rig on the freeway.

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

the main thing with this axle that worries me above all else is that its custom so if I ever break a axle shaft im screwed and have to have one custom cut for this housing.

airmanwilliams

new 32" tires are going on and just barely miss the sliders in the rear so im going to be driving VERY slow to my buddy Lee's place to use his portaband.

07091218011.jpg

sixstringsteve

Nice. Falkens? Are they heavy? Let's hope you don't hit any bumps on the way. :D I'll bet you could just cit that off with a cheap $25 angle grinder from HF.

airmanwilliams

Im not sure what they measure weight wise but they dont seem too heavy to me. Yup they are Faulken Rocky Mountain ATS 32x11.50x15. Heres a link to where I got them http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...=18294&counter=1&ar=1150&rd=15&sw=false&cs=32 says backorder online all the time for these but they have always shipped the day after I ordered each one. Ill bet I could cut it with a grinder if I had one but being that close and not balanced until tomorrow when I can head to the ford store down the road from my work I wont be taking the highway down to HF.

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

Here are some pictures of the new 32" tires. Had to cut the sliders about an inch on both sides of them and slightly cut some lower front fender to eliminate rubbing issues when turning and may have to trim alittle bit more but they look nice I think. I really like the look of the Faulken tire and the style of the tread.

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2936.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

airmanwilliams

sixstringsteve

I vote against the light bar. It'll hurt your MPG and you can't use it in the road. You'll probably get more use out of the visor. What does your wife think about the visor screen? Would she use it? If not, maybe put the $ toward a new fishing pole for your boy or something like that.

I vote a/c as the next upgrade. Hows that coming along?

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

I vote against the light bar. It'll hurt your MPG and you can't use it in the road. So it'd be for looks only. You'll probably get more use out of the visor. I vote a/c as the next upgrade. Hows that coming along?

Havent had the time or ambition to go out in the heat lately to pull the a/c stuff from the 2door yet but ive got a couple people coming to look at buying the whole rig for $500 so if that happens I have a line on a 4door I will get and take the a/c out of it instead so I dont have to modify as much. I really like the visor lcd practicality and so does my wife moreso than the lights so if I get that I will have enough money left and may get a reverse camera along with a small screen to put somewhere in my dash or in a drivers sun visor.

airmanwilliams

Ok Steve I went ahead and ordered it tonight and will be installing it tuesday or wednesday at work, when I get gift cards I just cant seem to hold on to them for very long and have to use them immediately.

New addition I just ordered for the passenger side of the sidekick so that Erin can watch the movie that our son does on the overhead dvd player. Next order will be a matching lcd on the drivers side that is wired to a backup camera.

413R3ZD2kQL_SS500_.jpg

sixstringsteve

seems kinda ghetto, but I guess it could be done. Unless you wheel it offroad at night a lot, I don't think you'll use it much. When you're in a group, you won't be able to use it unless you're in front. I think your rig rocks as is, it doesn't need anything else. Save the $ for gas for more trips. :thumbs:

Ima9er

Crazy Man
i thought you said that the led lights are on the zuk? did i miss understand that, cause i want to see how bright they are at night time...

airmanwilliams

What do you guys think about fenders like this on a sidekick? I just picked up a new bender and looking to use if for a few things on my sidekick. With my 32" falcons, 3" calmini lift, and 2" body lift im still rubbing and my current 2" pacer cut to fit flares arent covering the tires.

Attachments

• 0809_4wd_20_z+jeep_wrangler_skid_plate_bumpers+off_road_evolution_tube_fenders.jpg
    0809_4wd_20_z+jeep_wrangler_skid_plate_bumpers+off_road_evolution_tube_fenders.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 5