All things camp trailer..

Corban_White

Old trailer:

IMG_20170621_142255047.jpg

17' Palomini. 7' wide with sideways bunks along the back wall and a wet bath. Bought it when out tow vehicle was a 4Runner and it was awesome for 4 years. Sold the Runner and bought the truck to haul more stuff (bikes, generator) when camping.

Then, since we had a bigger tow vehicle, new trailer:

IMG_20200417_114025.jpg

IMG_20200504_205021.jpg

32' Grand Design 2800BHS. Absolutely love it. Had it out a ton last year (over 5000 miles on the trailer last summer alone). Haven't used it yet this year (but we have been backpacking a few times). That's about to change as we will be living in the trailer for the foreseeable future as I took a new job and we're moving to AZ and haven't found a place to live yet. I'm glad we upgraded!

Excuse my ignorance, but why is that?
If you mean the indoor, just best weather and UV protection when I'm not using it. High-end motorhomes all have fully painted bodies. I intend to buy a 10-15 year old coach due to price and quality of the coaches of that age. Anyway, 15-20 year old coaches that have been stored indoors generally look like new. Those stored outside look the same as a car that has been outside for 20 years.

My current 5th wheel has been under cover. That protects it from sun, but the wind causes a lot of whipping of the cover. That friction beats the outside up a little.

rholbrook

I used to store my boat inside at the FreePort Center in Clearfield for years until Life Time Products rented up all free space. It was wonderful, I called a few hours before I wanted it and they pulled it and had it waiting for me. It was cheap too. $45/mo, they charged by the foot. I think it was like a $1.50/foot

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Last year I called a place about storing my 16' car-hauler outside and they wanted $120/month! Gross!

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Headed out to the woods with everyone else this weekend. Filled up my water tank and tested to make sure the pump and everything were running good so I don't get out there and have a problem. Clicked the pump on and I almost couldn't even hear it kick on, it was making a slight humming sound and zero pressure to the faucets. I hooked up the hose to the city connection on the back of the trailer and got all the air out of the lines and got everything running. Tried the pump again and it's almost quieter this go round and once again...zero pressure. So is it safe to say I have a crappy pump and I should just go buy a new one and replace it? Or has anybody experienced this and I may be overlooking something simple? The pump has only been used for a year.
Thoughts?
Oh here is a picture of the trailer just for fun, the 4runner is not the tow rig :oops:
Thanks in advance
IMG_4854.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Headed out to the woods with everyone else this weekend. Filled up my water tank and tested to make sure the pump and everything were running good so I don't get out there and have a problem. Clicked the pump on and I almost couldn't even hear it kick on, it was making a slight humming sound and zero pressure to the faucets. I hooked up the hose to the city connection on the back of the trailer and got all the air out of the lines and got everything running. Tried the pump again and it's almost quieter this go round and once again...zero pressure. So is it safe to say I have a crappy pump and I should just go buy a new one and replace it? Or has anybody experienced this and I may be overlooking something simple? The pump has only been used for a year.
Thoughts?
Oh here is a picture of the trailer just for fun, the 4runner is not the tow rig :oops:
Thanks in advance
View attachment 138855
You probably have a leak in a line or a valve and the pump can't keep the prime. I'm going through this right now.

I bought a new pump and there is no change. Tightened up some fittings and it got a little better. It now pumps most of the time, but every once in a while it goes into that quiet ZIIIIIIIING noise and I know it's lost the prime. If I open a faucet or flush the toilet it will make the pump change back to the deeper tone of BRRRRRRRRRRT and then shut off after reaching pressure.