AMC Eagle ??

NYCEGUY01

I know I said I’m leaving it stock but .................................

Yes, we all read you were gonna keep it stock.. You were lying to yourself and everyone else though...lol
Ive been watching KSL and Facebook lately for an old Crown Vic or Caprice to build a Gambler car out of for some reason when even if I do the race I already have a perfect vehicle to do it in...

J-mobzz

Had a friend send me this today. Made me laugh. I’ve gotten quiet a bit done on her considering the amount of time I’ve had to work on it. I have a handful of new parts not on the original list that will go on as I get time but as of now I just need to replace the idler arm that finally showed up and I plan on putting some miles on her see how she does.

J-mobzz

After a few night drives down some canyon roads and realizing I can’t see sh** with those old sealed beam headlights I decided to swap them out for led. Hopefully they work better.
82B238F8-7920-4092-98AB-5A8CE2B43577.jpeg2C86D991-1125-455C-B180-C25250A40C5B.jpeg

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I came across a guy's house the other day at work and he had a really nice eagle in the back yard along with a 67 mustang... I asked if wanted to sale either.... he probably is still laughing!!!

J-mobzz

So couple things I hopefully can get some feedback from some of you on.

1 fuel injection. I’m over carb’s. Looking at this kit. Any feedback or suggestions on fuel injecting a 4.2? https://pfisys.com/store-3/#!/Compl...58-CI-6-Cylinder/p/43020114/category=10944423

2 transmission. It doesn’t have overdrive and shifts hard. I’m looking at doing an ax15 swap. Would like to find one from a Cherokee with a transfer case. I would like low range. Any feedback on possible better ideas?

J-mobzz

Could you swap in a EFI Jeep 4.0, AX-15 and NP231? Should be easy to find those parts.

I can but it’s not like a kit I can buy. So if I’m going to hunt junkyards source everything swap heads and intakes I may as well just swap in a ho 4.0. And at that point I may as well LS swap it. I really don’t have garage space to be pulling motors and doing swaps anymore. The ax15 and 231 shouldn’t be to tough to do in the space I have. It looks like I can fit that combo without to much hassle where a overdrive auto is much more difficult to fit without rebuilding sections of the floor tunnel.

J-mobzz

No ideas, but I like where you're heading.
Hahaha yeah if I can get everything working that way I want I’m nearly positive it will end up with like a +4 long travel front With coil overs and some deavers and bed cage in back for some go fast fun.

J-mobzz

So when barley pressing on the brake the front left tire locks up into a skid. It just started happening. Im not well versed with brakes. Aside from swapping parts im lost on where to start. Any ideas?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So when barley pressing on the brake the front left tire locks up into a skid. It just started happening. Im not well versed with brakes. Aside from swapping parts im lost on where to start. Any ideas?

The caliper piston is starting to seize, left alone it will probably fully lock up at some point. Replace both front calipers, best done in pairs.... new pads and turn the rotors while you're there.

J-mobzz

I finally got all my brake problems worked out. New pads, rotors, calipers, soft lines, e brake cables, shoes, wheel cylinders and all new drum hardware. Then the fuel pump died. So I replaced that. It’s running decent again. I’m really feeling after researching putting time/money into the carter isn’t the way to go so I’m thinking a motorcraft 2150 carb swap is coming soon.

I also got started on body work this weekend . She’s not going to be a show car but taking care of the rust and big stuff before it gets a charcoal metallic grey raptor liner paint job. I’m not the biggest fan of bed liner paint jobs but it is what it is and this car doesn’t deserve the prep time for a real paint job.

I was planning on selling it but after driving it around again..... idk I see bumpers and a roof rack being built before paint and then probably just end up keeping it. I’m so into this car I’ll never see my money back. So many parts have been replaced. Owning an eagle is like owning a KTM. When it’s broken (seems like that happens a lot) I want nothing more than to get rid of it. When it’s running I love using it and fall in love all over again.

here are are at adventures first stop on our test drive after the repairs. I mean look at that big back end. She thicc with two C’s. Ima probably need to keep her after she’s finished with thenext round of upgrades.

87BD7F85-4368-4790-9E4F-036F852829C0.jpeg