AMC Eagle ??

Bart

Really liking the rig and progress and please keep the updates coming. I'd like to share one thought on your overall goal, and it just mine so take it or leave it. If you have plans to sell it, I would stay away from any kind of textured liner finish. Every time I see something out there with that finish I will definitely pass on it. It is great to cover up all imperfections, and that is the problem. The buyer never knows how bad it is underneath. Like I said, JMHO.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Really liking the rig and progress and please keep the updates coming. I'd like to share one thought on your overall goal, and it just mine so take it or leave it. If you have plans to sell it, I would stay away from any kind of textured liner finish. Every time I see something out there with that finish I will definitely pass on it. It is great to cover up all imperfections, and that is the problem. The buyer never knows how bad it is underneath. Like I said, JMHO.

This... I will NEVER buy a bedlined finish rig unless it is cheap enough I can figure out how to deal with getting the bedliner off. I've passed on trucks with the bedliner sprayed on the rockers as well. I echo Bart's humble opinion

J-mobzz

I agree with you guys on a personal level and wouldn’t buy one myself painted in bed liner. I’ve already bought everything and made some really good progress on body work this last weekend.

The thing with this car is I feel like it doesn’t matter what I do it’s never really going to be worth more that a few thousand bucks. This is why I figure I’ll just keep it. It is fun to drive and I may have aired it out on some train tracks testing out the new shocks. Really looking forward to rallying it off road some.

My biggest issue is I currently have three vehicles and plan on buying a new bronco when my reservation become available. I need to figure something out.

J-mobzz

Wheel spacers showed up. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. The metallic sparkles in the sun. While I like the idea of a sleek roof rack up top I have yet to think of a good way to make it work with the snowboard rack and ultimately the snowboard rack gets used.
The tires are a 205/70/15 I wanted a 205/75/15 but would have had to wait a few extra weeks to get them. But as it sits these tires fit near perfect and only rub a little at full lock.

I would Like to thank covid for giving me this uninterrupted free time to work on some projects. Unfortunately Davis county health department has released me as of this morning to back into public.
21889EC7-0361-4DBD-812D-D7FA020062F1.jpeg

Last edited:

J-mobzz

Does anyone have experience with the 4.2L In maybe a Jeep or something that can chime in on the carb/distributor setup. This thing is hard to start, likes to die and doesn’t have the power I feel it should. From what I’m reading it sounds like the stepper motor electrical feedback on the carb and ignition suck. I ordered a carb without the stepper. My question is do I do the hei distributor or the stock bypass (nutter bybass)? So many options on both.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Does anyone have experience with the 4.2L In maybe a Jeep or something that can chime in on the carb/distributor setup. This thing is hard to start, likes to die and doesn’t have the power I feel it should. From what I’m reading it sounds like the stepper motor electrical feedback on the carb and ignition suck. I ordered a carb without the stepper. My question is do I do the hei distributor or the stock bypass (nutter bybass)? So many options on both.
There was a lot of ****ery in the 80's with Jeep ignition. My 83 CJ5 had the 4.2 and when I swapped it out for the 289 V8 I was super happy to find the the Ford electronic ignition of the 70's era literally plugged right into the engine bay harness, because it was all Motorcraft design. The wire colors were all the same and the plugs were too. Don't know if that helps you.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I hated that carter computer controlled vacuum carb so bad on my wife's 89 yj that I yanked it out in favor of a tpi 350.
However a weber carb with hei distributor made it run much better for a few months before we had the motor swap done.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I hated that carter computer controlled vacuum carb so bad on my wife's 89 yj that I yanked it out in favor of a tpi 350.
However a weber carb with hei distributor made it run much better for a few months before we had the motor swap done.
I had an 88 YJ for a minute. If you could get a wet pile of wood lit, it would burn better and cleaner than that POS.

J-mobzz

So I threw the new carb on and did the butter bypass on the ignition. It starts, runs and idles much better. Not perfect but much better.
I need to set the timing now. I’ve honestly never done this and don’t really understand how the timing light works. I’ll go buy one and figure it out.

But if anyone wants to volunteer to let me come by and just show me how to do it. I’d be great full and would bring your favorite beverages.
873044DB-11AD-4317-8E3A-1A093256D38A.jpeg