American Fork Canyon

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
I went to go make a run up the mineral basin road the other day(with my ATV's), but before leaving a neighbor told me the mineral basin road was closed to all 4x4 traffic due to mine tailings removal. I hadn't heard this story. Can anyone else back that up?

Thanks

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Where exactly is this trail? I'm familiar with AF canyon, but what part of the canyon is the trail at? What's the trail like. I'm kinda new to Utah so any advice would be cool.

Later,

Mike

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Mike_Lib
Where exactly is this trail? I'm familiar with AF canyon, but what part of the canyon is the trail at? What's the trail like. I'm kinda new to Utah so any advice would be cool.

Later,

Mike

Wow, never been up Mineral Basin huh? That has to be taken care of! If you have at least 33's, the road to Mineral Basin is pretty easy. There is one pretty tought spot, the Rock Garden. Besides that, its pretty mild. Its a Half Day-er to go to the top, you can drive up to the Snowbird Property boundry!!! I have a few pics of the place, just to get you excited about going....

This is the top....the white strucucture in the background is the Chair Lift and you can see a Yellow sign by the last Jeep. Thats the 'No Motorized Transportation' sign.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We need to plan a Saturday Trip up AF Canyon sometime soon, especially for those that have never been. There is probably snow drifts to bash and plenty of water running down the trail. (I just need to fix my Junk first.)

Who is up for a Tennative Trip up AFC in a couple weeks???

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
I'm up for a run in the canyon any weekend except for the weekend of june 14th (moab). ...I just hope you guys can keep up with the "RockLimo" :D

Hey Wayne...call me tomorrow and pick up your winch :D

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
I could go next weekend. I didn't go yesterday because I went with my bro to the mountains east of Heber looking for old mines.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Hey, I remember that day. I proved that river water makes for great engine coolant in a pinch.

I want to go and take a hard line through the garden. If I dont go up to idaho tomorrow, I may head up in the new/old/new ZJ buggy thing and play around.

Mike lib--I am the original ROCKLIMO!!!! But yours is nicer so you can have the title.

Cody

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I wanted to, but when I went out this morning to finish up the new radiator support/skid I saw my CV boot was broken and that made me a little curious about the popping I was getting from my front end. I have to pull it apart tomorrow to see whats up--hopefully it just needs a boot.

Cody