Trip Report Anasazi roads and Moki Steps

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
LOVE the narration. You've got a good voice and cadence for it.

The steps are VERY interesting. The drone video gives great perspective of steepness and the expansive area. I couldn't help but think about some of the areas without steps leading to the steps having ladders or similar for some defensive uses against intruders?

DAA

Ladders is our best guess too. There were some, not shown in the video, that ended so abruptly and so high up the cliff, I wonder if they weren't used for the Anasazi version of walking the plank. Had to be plenty of deaths constructing and using them.

I'm surprised to hear the voice narration is okay. When I hear recordings of myself, I think I have a voice for the written word.

- DAA

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Imagine making those crossings empty handed with a clear head. Then do it again with a full backpack (or something less comfortable and stable) hanging off your back. Harrowing to say the least.

Thanks for bringing us along on more of your exploits Dave.

Thursty

I'm surprised to hear the voice narration is okay. When I hear recordings of myself, I think I have a voice for the written word.

- DAA
I don’t think many people care to hear their own recorded voice. When I hear mine it sounds like I’m talking through a paper bag. After years of having my body camera footage played in court for DUI investigations I just quit caring too much about it. I am, however, still careful not to speak when I record a video. 😂