Announcing the RME on-air ham radio net

mesha

By endurance we conquer
well, there was an informal chat. Only heard a few cruiser guys. I Tried to check in, but couldn’t quite get in there. I will check back in next week.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
well, there was an informal chat. Only heard a few cruiser guys. I Tried to check in, but couldn’t quite get in there. I will check back in next week.
Sorry about that, there were 3 of us on, but I didn't catch all the call signs. Lane was one, Greg was the other. I was a little late cause I had to get to an elevation that had a good line to the repeater.

I heard someone break squelch, but that's all I heard besides the 3 of us that were chatting.

For me, it was good to find a spot close to home where I could get into the repeater.

Good to chat with those that got in! I look forward to next week!

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Guys, I hate to bail at this late hour, but I’m delivering a trailer to Oakley, and there is no way I’ll be back in range by 9:00. If someone wants to step up and wing it being net control, feel free. Otherwise, maybe just have an onmoderated chat.

Sorry again!
Lots for me to listen in on tonight. I tried a new antenna; signals were strong

SmoothLC

Good chatting with you two Dave (@moab_cj5) and Lane (@lhracing).

I tried to get on a few weeks ago, but just heard static.

This time I drove a little farther north, and like Dave, found some elevation, and could hear you both clearly.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I was eavesdropping last night from West Valley. Your audio was low but clear. Every one elses was loud and clear. Nobody was broken up or dropping out.

Hmm. There were four of us down here, and everybody we heard via the Lake Mountain repeater had a choppy signal. We could hear folks via the Moab area repeaters just fine, though. Weird.

Glad a few of you guys were still able to chat at the usual time on the Farnsworth machine.

Guys, I was tied up again last week. I will hold a net tonight at 9:00 pm for anyone who wants to chime in or just listen in!

I'd be happy to pass net control to anyone else who wants to give it a go - either tonight or in the upcoming weeks. Dempsey has a nice script that you can follow to get the procedure right and I have a log of previous call-ins that makes it fairly easy.

Starskey

I was hoping that one of the guys that hosted the previous Nets would post up a plan. I'm too far away to organize it and honestly don't know enough or even have a license.
Ah, you're just a distant instigator. Good on you!

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Who's in charge of this thing?

I was hoping that one of the guys that hosted the previous Nets would post up a plan.

Well, even though we are in 'summer' season the virus concerns have kept our closing time to 8pm (at least for a while). If we want to try the net again, I may be able to be net control assuming we start around 8:30-9:00pm. Shall we go for Wednesday night again, like before?