Another Freakin' newbie!!!

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Greetings,
Just lettin' you guys know there's another newbie joining the BB:D . Not only a newbie to the BB, but a relative newbie to wheelin'.
I bought my '97 TJ in March, got it home and back from the shop just in time for EJS 2002. I call it the blacksheep.

A short list of items I have added since I picked it up in stock form:
Procomp 4" suspension lift
Fixed yoke and custom rear driveline
4:10 gears F&R
Detroit lockers F&R
Awesome 35 kit (rear of course)
DynaStar 1" body lift
15x10 wagon wheels w/33x12.5 BFG MT

There is lots of other stuff I have added, and more that is scheduled for the next few weeks, but I won't bore you with it for now.

I've joined a local club and so far have had a great time running trails in Moab, Nutty Putty and American fork Canyon. Looking forward to getting out and running some more!!

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Thanks BeastieBoy:), I had fun with that little hole! After watching the other Jeeps I was riding with tackle it (all had 36" or bigger meats with min 6" lift), I was a little skeptical, but the BlackSheep went through it without a problem (thanks to those Detroit Lockers!!)

Oakley, Utah.......You don't know where that is :(?????

It is about 30 min east of Park City, 30 (or so) minutes north and slightly east of Heber City, 5 miles North of Kamas, 3 miles west of Smith Morehouse Reservior, and smack dab in the middle of the foothills of the High Uintas. :D

clinth

Hey, it's good to see you here. I like the pic, when was that one taken? You survive nutty putty? I crashed when I got home and Nick, he sounds like hell warmed over.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Clint,
Yeah, I did survive. It was a long ride home as I had to stop and drop off some borrowed camping equip in Orem.

The photo I posted is from my trip to Pritchett Canyon over the memorial day weekend. The hole I'm playing in for the photo is just below Rocker Knocker. In that area there was a number of excellent play spots.

We ran up and most of the group climbed rocker knocker (then down the other side - I'm not sure which was more terrifying!!). It was getting very late, and we had a fatal breakage to one of the jeeps (who actually received the damage while playing in the same hole as my photo), so we never made it to the rock pile, but drove back out instead.