Another Italian followed me home...

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I’m no longer allowed to work in my shop while distracted...

This bolt was SO EFFING TIGHT! the impact wouldn’t budge it, it didn’t move until I broke out a 4’ cheater bar and held the engine still inside the bike frame. BOOM! She broke loose!....

Suddenly I realize, it was a LEFT HAND THREAD!! What an idiot!

We've all done something like this. Can't say I've ever heard of the nut actually breaking, though! Congratulations!

Tonkaman

It goes on the right side of the crank, holding on the main gear. Luckily I didn’t ruin the crank, I’m not sure how I dodged that bullet.

Tonkaman

I have to say that this engine is made of much higher quality parts than my Honda was. Even the bits and bolts are noticeably better materials.

I unwrapped my new engine cases and was over-joyed to see that they come fully loaded with hardware, bearings, and seals! Wow Beta, you rock!!

00d349f6a669de36e8a4c2cd0a5bd2a8.jpg
442cf9f072301ebddd2d1673bf5a3713.jpg

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I would say yes since it seems to follow the shape of the case but I know zero about Betas so my opinion is still nothing better than a guess.

Tonkaman

I would say yes since it seems to follow the shape of the case but I know zero about Betas so my opinion is still nothing better than a guess.

Those were my same thoughts till I saw these service manual pics. Still hard to say for sure... I suppose the worst it could do is stop the PV from opening an extra mm or two?
4edf21e536e9881ab6730a37ff6049a9.jpg
09334803cea3014d93cf112a39a3ea21.jpg

Tonkaman

I finally got the proper flywheel removal tool last night and was able to split the cases. Everything inside was in beautiful condition, no metal debris of any sort and hardly even discolored a paper towel when wiped clean. Since the new cases already had bearings, seals and a few random other goodies I was able to squish them right back together. Not bad for an hour of spare time.
b8fd2c83ef45d521575554dc3daed7f7.jpg

Tonkaman

I made the mistake of greasing up all the linkage and swing arm bearings. I say mistake because they were all in great shape still.

The problem I’m having though is that the seals were all seized in place pretty bad. I can’t even budge the seals in the swing arm! I’ve completely destroyed one trying to get it out, and still no luck!

How Can I pull a bearing seal that won’t move by prying/punching it out?