-2016 Beta Xtrainer street legal
-Rekluse core EXP
-Kickstart kit (doesn't come with one)
-Flexx bars
-Flexx bar handguard frame
-Sicass Racing handguards deflectors with. LED turn signals
-Springs for my weight
-Michelin UHD tubes

I picked this up from Sunny Off-Road today. Jim, who owned the place, is a great guy! He installed everything I wanted, and jetted the bike for our elevation and freezing temps for free. I don't have the handguards or springs in yet since they hadn't arrived when I got the bike. He also recommended I break in the suspension on stock oil so I could have fresh fluids in with the spring swap. I'll fill it full of gas tomorrow and get a real world weight for all those curious about it.

My daughter and I rode our motorcycles around the neighborhood for a bit when I got home. It didn't take long before I started feeling really comfortable. That magic button already paid for itself. The stable is starting to look pretty good!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449450578.738128.jpg

(I put the Honda frame on the floor so it wouldn't feel left out)

Last edited:

Tonkaman

The bike weighs in at 228.8 pounds. That's with a full fuel tank, full oil tank, flex bars, and Rekluse. Beta claims 218 pounds wet but without fuel. If fuel is 6.2 pounds/gallon and I hold 2.25 gallons that means beta should be claiming 215 pounds. It's nice to know they are honest with their numbers.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I can't speak for Derek, but we just put some hours on the bike, and he was visible in more control and more relaxed as he rode. The bike is SWEET.

Tonkaman

I went on the maiden voyage today. We were exploring the Tintic mountain area trying to follow the old railroad grades. My initial impressions are that it's extremely nimble, and super super torquey. I've never felt so comfortable on any bike before. I was finally able to stand and feel like I could feel all the controls. The bike carved so quickly and easily that if I even moved my toes in my boots the bike would veer sideways. The suspension was soft but linear. It never felt springy or soggy like I was expecting it to. Even without my new springs I felt very confident with the way it was setup. I gave it a thorough flogging on a long stretch of abandoned railway. I was able to open the bike up to 66MPH all while gently gloating over the top of the old railroad ties. I even went across a small trestle that had some missing ties, but the bike was smooth as glass! The front brake bites very hard but is predictable. The hydraulic clutch is a workout but feels very smooth and engages nicely. Almost all of the power comes in under half of the RPMs. It requires riding a gear higher than other 2t, very much like a 4t engine. All that power down low makes the power flatline up high. The lack of top end kind of takes away the wow factor most people will be looking for, especially while in a wash of rolling two track. I'm willing to trade the top end power and for the beastly bottom end.

At the end of the day it's the best bike I've ever ridden. I'm convinced that I made the best choice for the type of riding I prefer to do.