Any Canyoneers out there?

plaidfro

Any of you into Canyoneering as well? Spring - Fall I can be found canyoneering in Zion NP, Escalante, and the San Rafael Swell.

Name this slot I will be headed to in the beginning of May:

2006_07150035.jpg

2006_07150080.jpg

sixstringsteve

I'd love to get into basic canyoneering. My wife and I did Little Wildhorse canyon as our first last week, and we loved it. We're excited to learn more about it.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We've done Little Wild Horse several times, including in the dead of winter... as well as Ding & Dang... too much fun! I haven't gotten into anything any more technical, I would like to though.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
I have been pretty serious about Canyoneering for the last couple years, I have done most of the technical routes in Zion. I have a few trips coming this summer to the more technical side of some lake Powell slots. Neon, and chop are at the top of my list. Anytime you wanna come down let me know.

Last edited:

plaidfro

Anytime you wanna come down let me know.

I will take you up on that... I haven't been to the Lake Powell Canyons or the canyons in the Roost... I am a bit of a bigger fellow at 6'3" and 225lbs... the consistent Mae Westing in those area just doesnt appeal to me, but I will have to try a few to see if I like them. I love the Zion and Swell canyons the most.