Any GM peeps here?

Omgbecki

I've got a 2000 gmc Yukon. Lately I've noticed that the rpms will go up 5 or 6 hundred while shifting in between 2nd and 3rd. The other day under half throttle it jumped from around 2 Grand to close to 5 grand before I quickly noticed it and got off the gas. It was like driving a stick and pushing the clutch in while staying on the gas. I have also noticed that a few times lately when I start it the tow/haul light is on. Without me pushing it. I'm not sure if it is related but the service engine light has came on a couple times but shut off before I can get it checked. Any ideas? Besides the in between 2nd and 3rd it drives pretty normal.

gatchmo5710

Common. 2-3 shift usually fails first. Plan a trans rebuild soon. Its done and your on borrowed time. 400$ or so if you can do it yourself.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I would guess that it's going to need a rebuild. If you can find an honest trans guy, there might be an adjustment to be made or a sensor replaced. Not sure if an honest transmission guy exists? (I'm sure they do but they are elusive like jackalope)

Omgbecki

Well. Good news. I checked the fluid and it was low. Still haven't found the leak though. Had the family using it for a while. Just got it back with a dead battery, check engine light and the transmission issue. Got 2 of the 3 figured out. Now I need to figure how the engine is running lean on both banks

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Well. Good news. I checked the fluid and it was low. Still haven't found the leak though. Had the family using it for a while. Just got it back with a dead battery, check engine light and the transmission issue. Got 2 of the 3 figured out. Now I need to figure how the engine is running lean on both banks

Could be a vacuum leak.

Omgbecki

How do I test that? I've had some people say it might be the fuel filter or pump. Ice never had a pump not give enough fuel. It's usually either it works or it don't but it does make sense that the fuel filter might be clogged up. And the engine isn't getting enough fuel. Does seem to hesitate a little and feels like I need more throttle to get going but I figured maybe it's just been a while since I drove it. My jeep is a lot more touchy.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
You can try the old starting fluid method. They usually fail at 100K miles. I replaced mine at 120K. I also had a weak fuel pressure regulator, so I replaced them both.