Any interest in some real-flood LED lights?

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
So I'm currently manufacturing some off-road-styled H3 tail-lights, and in my quest to find the right parts I finally found the lights I wanted with the right beam pattern.

Every other light I had found that was labeled "flood pattern" was usually just the same reflector housing as the "spot pattern" but with a distorted surface in a piss-poor attempt to scatter the light waves around. This still results in a focused beam that I did not want in a reverse light.

I found a retailer for lights I decided to go with and I ordered a whole bunch to suit my manufacturing needs. I got thinking the other day that these would be perfect lights for a lot of you and you may be interested.

These lights are in all reality probably "too much" light for what most people would consider a reverse light but I wanted a light that would actually let you see behind you when you were backing up out in the middle of nowhere when your only light source is the moon's reflection.

A a pair of these lights will be quite sufficient to most of you to light up a full camp site if that's what you wish for them. Again these are a real flood pattern and aren't really a focused beam at all. They would also make great work lights for any of you who are field mechanics.

Specs:

First and foremost, these lights are not made in USA, they are an import light. Figured I'd get that out of the way for those of you who that is a requirement.

Dimensions of the lens is approx 4"x4" and also comes with a generic mounting bracket.

They are multi-volt, so any 9v-32v source will light them up.

They have (4) 5w LED's in each lamp making them 20w each, (about 1.5 amps of power draw each for your average vehicle system)

2,800 lumens each.

They have about an 8" pigtail of wire coming out of them

Price after getting shipped to me comes to $35 each light.

Shipping from from me to you is available on your dime, or I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet you and show you their output before you buy.

The photo may be a bit misleading, these lights are actually bigger than most would expect.

F0603B57-45AD-4416-A2A1-F1BC9DDF459B.png_zpsmwavth0b.jpeg
BCE88B66-06E4-41EF-B757-BECD1C9A68D4.png_zpsihxjwnvg.jpeg

I do have quite a few in stock. My cell is (801)420-6205 if anyone is interested in checking these out.

Gary T

I'm interested. Would a pic help show the pattern? I have tried several lights and keep getting a "beam" of light that helps if I was backing up at 55 mph, but not good close up.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I'm interested. Would a pic help show the pattern? I have tried several lights and keep getting a "beam" of light that helps if I was backing up at 55 mph, but not good close up.

I can try to get a good picture, but I've found its really hard to get good representation of light output on camera. These lights really do put out some area coverage. Where are you located?

mombobuggy

Any opinions about using these for security lighting around the house. The 100 watt l.e.d. replacements I have are just ok.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I don't know how you'd need to power them being that they are rated for 32 max volts DC, you'd likely need a diverter. They would be the perfect light pattern for it though.

mombobuggy

I cant see why a 110 ac to 12 volt dc converter would not do the trick but I do not have a clue if it would be efficient or not . Discouraging potential Baddies is my primary concern.