Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

Stratton is a beast. It was too hot to ride in thevalley, so we rode up AF canyon instead. It was one of the best rides ive been on up there. I had a few personal bests, which felt goid.

We rode from the summit parking lot to the ridge trail, to 4 corners, staying on the ridge, then down 040 (mill canyon) ending at tibble.

Trail 041 down was a riot today. We saw a moose 15 feet in front of us. Scared the crap out a me.

20180716_191628.jpg

Last edited:

rholbrook

Harrison wants to get out with you. Yesterday he rode from North Fork (Ogden Valley) up a small steep trail to the top of Ben Lomond Peak and then south across the top down into North Ogden Pass and then up the other side half way to Lewis Peak and back. He said it wasnt very far, just steep. He looking at a big race at Grand Targhee in August. Harrison and Colton are putting on a ton of mile this summer.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I had some pictures from our ride, but they are currently being stored in nature, wherever my cell phone is.

Well riding with Steve was fun. He is so good at riding wheelies past Tibble Fork reservoir that women were cat calling and threw themselves at him! Jarvis would be proud.
Also he's really good at starting on hill climbs when I stop thirteen times because I spun out in front of him.

We learned that you CAN blow a bead off your front tire if your air pressure is too low and you hit something in the silt dust. And that Stan's + silt dust makes a chicken embryo looking abomination inside a tire.

Also I'm excellent at ditching my bike at high speed without injury, and that both us are pretty lousy at finding my lost cell phone in the bushes around alleged incident LoL. (Not for lack of trying).

With that said, if anyone rides just below the water trough please look for my cell phone. It's a "Kinda Blue" Google Pixel 2 with a phone case that has my race sticker 27V in yellow on the back.

If you have a closer pin point you can send me Steve, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to probably head back there this morning and look for it on my dirt bike.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
So I rode 40something miles on the JRT yesterday morning, wasn't really planning on riding that distance when I started but it wasn't too hot and I was feeling ok and I thought maybe I could do it. And I was right, I could. But it hurt towards the end. I had gas left in the tank when I got back to the trailhead, I think I had the energy for another ten miles at least, but between a sore butt and sore wrists and numb feet I was done. It was painful.

I went in to Contender Bicycles this morning and worked with Blake. First he took my shoes and adjusted the cleat position and swapped out the insole. Then he put my bike on a trainer and watched me pedal for about ten minutes, and he tweaked my saddle height and shifted and tipped it slightly on the rails. Then he watched me pedal a little more, then we spent probably twenty minutes trying out stems with various lengths and rises, then another ten minutes rotating the bars around until my wrist position was right. He also gave me some ways to tweak my posture that helped neutralize some of the pressure points. I left feeling more comfortable on the bike than when I went in, I'm stoked to take a swing at a fifty or sixty mile ride now and see what happens.

sixstringsteve

I plan on going every tuesday night, and an occasional Thursday night when Kevin can come.

I had fun in both pump tracks, but I ended up spending far more time on the jump lines. There were some challenging jumps there!

sixstringsteve

Has anyone been doing the mid-week race series? I'm thinking about signing up for the mini enduro at Snowbird on the 31st. Anyone want to sign up too? I'm not expecting to crush it, but I've always been curious what an enduro race would be like, and it seems like a good place to start. I'm trying to decide if I should be in the beginner or sport class.

rholbrook

Sorry I missed the pump track yesterday, I took the kids to the Ogden Dino park and my wife took me to dinner afterwards for my birthday.
I'd love to jump a bit.

I could be convinced to race. I'm always up for pain and suffering in the name of competition.

Details?
Your chance is tonight at Snow Basin. Harry will be there. You can choose like 14 miles or race with Harry for 20+ miles

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
Has anyone been doing the mid-week race series? I'm thinking about signing up for the mini enduro at Snowbird on the 31st. Anyone want to sign up too? I'm not expecting to crush it, but I've always been curious what an enduro race would be like, and it seems like a good place to start. I'm trying to decide if I should be in the beginner or sport class.

I have been, nice laid back series with lots of participation the last few years. I hit a few of the Cross Country races each year, those I can reach easily after work, sport class. I haven't done one of their mini enduros as they are harder to get to in time after work but they sound like fun. Knowing somewhat your skill level from your posts I would recommend you start Sport class, beginner is really if you are fairly newer to MTB or it's been a while and your pretty out of shape ; )

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member

We'll be in town that week. I'll do it if you do it!