Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

rholbrook

Has anyone been doing the mid-week race series? I'm thinking about signing up for the mini enduro at Snowbird on the 31st. Anyone want to sign up too? I'm not expecting to crush it, but I've always been curious what an enduro race would be like, and it seems like a good place to start. I'm trying to decide if I should be in the beginner or sport class.
I believe Harrison is signed up for this.

rholbrook

If you guys want to get in shape, you need to chase a varsity high school mtn bike team member around. Steve knows my son Harrison and his friend Colton and has been in the saddle next to them for a couple of hundred miles now. These two kids ride probably 80-100 miles a week easily. This morning they left at 5:30 am rode their bikes from my house in Kaysville to Bountiful on the roads and then up Mueller Park Canyon and across the top and back down North Canyon and then back to Kaysville and got home at 9:15. They also do the Radar Towers from my house once a week but they do that so they can ride the hiking trail from Sunset Campground to the where the asphalt ends to add some fun to the ride. Time to join them Stratton. What kills me is they were in Park City riding last night riding until dark. I don't know where they get the energy. I don't remember ever having that much energy as a kid and our only game was PONG.

Harrison and Colton are both signed up for the Snowbird race. The Solitude race Colton took 1st, Harrison took 9th. He crashed at the top of Stage 1 and bent his crank and pedal really bad. The crank was clearing his swing arm by about 1/8" which made it goofy to pedal. No excuses, thats called racing. I had no idea a crank would bend like that though. From April to the end of November Harrison is a big scab. When you go down hard, it leaves marks. You cant always get unclipped fast enough or when he wears his flats, they are really mean looking with the little sharp bolts sticking up. His shins can end up looking like hamburger but he picks himself up every time. Proud Daddy moments for sure. I see a lot of kids walk off the trails at that age.

sixstringsteve

Anyone up for a ride up AF Canyon this evening? I need to film a review video with the steep downhill section above tibble, and I don't want to ride alone.

sixstringsteve

I rode AF canyon with my brother today. 157 to 041 to 040, what an amazing ride!

Wayne did you end up riding up there this morning?

I was also able to sneak in a rode to levitate tonight. Not a bad trail.

Last edited:

ttora4runner

If you guys want to get in shape, you need to chase a varsity high school mtn bike team member around. Steve knows my son Harrison and his friend Colton and has been in the saddle next to them for a couple of hundred miles now. These two kids ride probably 80-100 miles a week easily. This morning they left at 5:30 am rode their bikes from my house in Kaysville to Bountiful on the roads and then up Mueller Park Canyon and across the top and back down North Canyon and then back to Kaysville and got home at 9:15. They also do the Radar Towers from my house once a week but they do that so they can ride the hiking trail from Sunset Campground to the where the asphalt ends to add some fun to the ride. Time to join them Stratton. What kills me is they were in Park City riding last night riding until dark. I don't know where they get the energy. I don't remember ever having that much energy as a kid and our only game was PONG.

Dang, that's a pretty good ride.