Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

rholbrook

My oldest son has a 2021 Specialized Stump Jumper for sale. Don't know any specifics other than its an XL Frame. I think he wants $2,700 for it. Pictures if anyone is interested. It is the aluminum frame

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
My oldest son has a 2021 Specialized Stump Jumper for sale. Don't know any specifics other than its an XL Frame. I think he wants $2,700 for it. Pictures if anyone is interested. It is the aluminum frame
Yeah, pics. Closeups of the drivetrain and handlebars/cockpit setup please. I'll ping you my cell in case he wants to just text them to me.

RockChucker

I need to get my rear shock serviced. Anyone used suspension syndicate in SLC? I looked at the service manual and have decided that it is not a job I want to attempt nor buy the tools to do.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I need to get my rear shock serviced. Anyone used suspension syndicate in SLC? I looked at the service manual and have decided that it is not a job I want to attempt nor buy the tools to do.
Bingham did mine when it started having issues, no complaints got it back pretty fast at the height of covid stupidity when other shops were telling me over a month to get it back.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
One of my tubeless tires is flat after the winter and wasn't holding air. (There was a goat head in it.) I had a shop convert it last year but don't know what type of goo they used. Does it matter what I buy? Also, will I have to break the bead to fill it up or will I be able to fill through the presta? I really don't want to have to break the bead, thats why I gave up and went tubeless. I couldn't get the darn tire off the rim...

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
One of my tubeless tires is flat after the winter and wasn't holding air. (There was a goat head in it.) I had a shop convert it last year but don't know what type of goo they used. Does it matter what I buy? Also, will I have to break the bead to fill it up or will I be able to fill through the presta? I really don't want to have to break the bead, thats why I gave up and went tubeless. I couldn't get the darn tire off the rim...
If your stems have removable valve cores (they should), you don't have to break the bead.

I've got no direct experience, but I have heard of some sealants not playing nice with others, mixing in funny ways. But if your wheels are dry inside, and it sounds like they are, it probably wouldn't be a problem to throw whatever you want in there.