Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
Slim & Knobbies fixed me up during a lunch break this week. Spinning the wheel after, my hub feels and sounds like garbage, so excited to have another thing to fix. I've never messed with these sealed? style hubs, looks like they take a small lock ring bb or cassette type tool. (Shimano SLX Centerlock)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Who is riding this weekend? Saturday looks absolutely glorious, and things might be starting to dry out before it rains again Sunday?

I'd be down for the Antelope Island ride we talked about, or Eagle Mountain might be good to go...

Saturday and Sunday are a tough fit for me. (In fact, I bet I'm tough to find some time until after the end of April? Easter Jeep, a couple house projects to complete and then getting less fat are my priorities) I need to paint some wheels and work a Dana 300 shifter over this weekend. I have been riding a bit (60ish minutes yesterday) so I hope when I can get out I'm not a disaster

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
The season has arrived! My 8 year olds can almost outride me when I’m carrying this cargo. I wouldn’t have ridden with him until he was big enough for a Mac ride, until I ran into a family riding with a toddler on a Thule yepp next mini. I’ve had him out a few times and the kid loves it!

85840945-141D-43D9-AE1A-BF78F0A9AC27.jpeg

RockChucker

The season has arrived! My 8 year olds can almost outride me when I’m carrying this cargo. I wouldn’t have ridden with him until he was big enough for a Mac ride, until I ran into a family riding with a toddler on a Thule yepp next mini. I’ve had him out a few times and the kid loves it!

View attachment 147281
That’s an awesome carrier. Do you have a link? I’ve been looking for something similar

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
My friends wife does reviews on kid bikes and gear. They hooked me up with a hamax observer last year that I have used with my now 20 month old. Sam totally loves it too. He runs the bell and the forward facing light and I do the rest of the work. We just ride around the neighborhood but its fun.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Awesome! And is that a new Pivot I see????

It is! I’m a couple months into ownership of a Trail 429. It’s an amazing bike for most everything in Moab. It falls short on bigger trails (ahab, porcupine, portal), and I’m seriously considering selling it already in favor of a 150 bike… ugh. Two bikes would be a great solution, but I spent too much $ for this one to justify a second bike

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Thinking of camping at Antelope Island tomorrow night and riding Saturday morning. I need to be back to my house by 11:30 am for family commitments, so i will be riding early Sat morning. Anyone want in?