Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Rode Corner canyon again this morning. Went up Clark's Trail, and dropped down Rush. They have a new extension opened up on Rush, it drops you out almost down to the BST now, and is super fun. If anyone wants to hit it one of these evenings, post up.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Did slick rock over the weekend. I dont think i will ever be able to ride that whole trail without walking.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Dammit!! I move out of Utah and find out there's a bunch of people on RME who are into mountain bikes. A day late as they say.

We disconnected the cable TV and bought a couple of santa cruz MTBs not long after our arrival to NM. Not much else to do here...haha

2012-06-17135236.jpg

ABQ trails
ab6c5082.jpg

jpest....sedona is calling your name:D

Last edited by a moderator:

sixstringsteve

Rode Corner canyon again this morning. Went up Clark's Trail, and dropped down Rush. They have a new extension opened up on Rush, it drops you out almost down to the BST now, and is super fun. If anyone wants to hit it one of these evenings, post up.

I'd love to have a tour of those trails sometime. Let me know when you go next.

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
Dammit!! I move out of Utah and find out there's a bunch of people on RME who are into mountain bikes. A day late as they say.

We disconnected the cable TV and bought a couple of santa cruz MTBs not long after our arrival to NM. Not much else to do here...haha

View attachment 73419

ABQ trails
View attachment 73420

jpest....sedona is calling your name:D

We will bring our bikes when we make our way down to Sedona later this year. We may have to extend our trip by a couple days in order to get some biking in :D

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
I got up early a couple of the days over Memorial weekend and rode the Slickrock trail twice. Once both directions and I've got to say, that is the funnest trail I've been on by far. It's so rad to bike up steep sandstone inclines that you'd never dream of attempting if it was a typical dirt trail.

I also explored Snowbird this past weekend and there is a fun little single track loop that starts by the tram/ Snowbird center. Thinking of doing the Little Cottonwood Creek trail, then continuing up the road to Snowbird, doing the loop then blasting down the canyon road one of these next weekends. 8D

Last edited:

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I also explored Snowbird this past weekend and there is a fun little single track loop that starts by the tram/ Snowbird center. Thinking of doing the Little Cottonwood Creek trail, then continuing up the road to Snowbird, doing the loop then blasting down the canyon road one of these next weekends. 8D

For a few years I've wanted to start at the little cottonwood pipeline, ride up the canyon to the top of snowbird then ride down mineral basin and out AF canyon. I don't know if the up and over snowbird is possible, do you?

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
For a few years I've wanted to start at the little cottonwood pipeline, ride up the canyon to the top of snowbird then ride down mineral basin and out AF canyon. I don't know if the up and over snowbird is possible, do you?

We've done it, but going over the Sugarloaf lift at Alta is more feasible. We would have someone drop us in Albion basin, then have them pick us up at Tibble Fork. Super fun ride. Up and over Snowbird is definitely doable.

Last edited:

jpest

Anti-Social Networking

I think there are sections of the ride up that are to steep to pedal up because of the loose gravel on the ski slopes and they don't have a fully developed bike trail all the way up (that I know of). You could do it with some hiking though. Or just take the tram up. :)

smartass_kid

newbie here, joined RME to look for a DD wheeler. still don't have one but looking to ride my bike other than just a commuter.
let me know the next time on the weekend y'all go riding and i'll see if i can make it.

if i ever pick up a 4WD, hopefully i'll get that out as well.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
My son and I rode AF canyon trail 150 from timpenooke to 159 at salamander flat and then to the alpine summit. It's us a wonderful ride. About 5 miles round trip with some awesome sections of downhill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk