Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

When it works it's great, but in my experience the ks lev started sagging and wouldnt stay up (or down) after a few months. I also don't love the way the seat clamp is designed. I would only replace one if it was starting to sag, but it wouldn't be my first choice if I were buying a new post.

On the bright side, they warrantied both of my brother's posts (but it took several months).

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Good man, stay away from clipless pedals... for now.

I love the raceface atlas pedals. There is a knock off on amazon for half price. A good pair of 510 freeride shoes will be just as important as your pedals. Itll make a huge difference.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Rode North Canyon tonight. If you haven't ridden it, you should. It's the canyon south of Mueller Park and it connects to it via Rudy Flats at the top. Same terrain only never busy- because it's a 2.1 mile rough rocky 2 track to the singletrack trailhead. We saw 2 riders and 2 hikers in 6.6 miles.

Man I've got to work on my up hill endurance. I've was literally laid up in bed with a chest flu for 3 days so this is my first day out in a week so I'll blame it on that. I'm feeling pretty great on the downhills though. It's about 1100 vertical 3.3 miles: 52 minutes up and a little under 13 minutes down lol.

Rode North Canyon tonight. If you haven't ridden it, you should. It's the canyon south of Mueller Park and it connects to it via Rudy Flats at the top. Same terrain only never busy- because it's a 2.1 mile rough rocky 2 track to the singletrack trailhead. We saw 2 riders and 2 hikers in 6.6 miles.

We always like to ride up North Canyon, over Rudy Flats, and down Mueller Park. Great ride, but a killer climb for me, too.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Same place that singletrack sampler broke the bike he was demoing in Moab? Wasn't he on a spot?

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Rode North Canyon tonight

I should be paying more attention to this thread. We were up there last week and did a few rides. We may be riding the first week of July if you are around?

Also picked up a lugged steel frame bike straight out of 1987 I'm pretty excited about. It's been a long time since I've been on a road bike. Loving it so far.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I should be paying more attention to this thread. We were up there last week and did a few rides. We may be riding the first week of July if you are around?

Also picked up a lugged steel frame bike straight out of 1987 I'm pretty excited about. It's been a long time since I've been on a road bike. Loving it so far.

I'll be around.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I need to pay more attention to this thread too. If you guys want to ride anything in Corner Canyon let me know. I know my way around there pretty well and have a few good loops. I ride Vertigo and Levitate half a dozen times a month. There are some pretty good options for the climb now too. I am out for a week or so getting my fork serviced.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I need to pay more attention to this thread too. If you guys want to ride anything in Corner Canyon let me know. I know my way around there pretty well and have a few good loops. I ride Vertigo and Levitate half a dozen times a month. There are some pretty good options for the climb now too. I am out for a week or so getting my fork serviced.

I was going to say, Brady and I are going to meet at the EQ tonight and ride something. Maybe you could wheelie a trail?