Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

Samersen

I am planning on riding AF canyon tomorrow morning and getting there around 6:15. I usually park on Cascade Springs road where south fork little deer creek cross and then climb to the summit trailhead and do the loop that way. Usually takes about an hour to do it. Anyone is welcome.

sixstringsteve

Smoke wasn't bad up AF Canyon last night. Crest should be better than down in the valley.

I'll be riding the pump track tonight, smoke or not. You're welcome to come hang. It's going to be fun to just hang out and mess around.

sixstringsteve

I am planning on riding AF canyon tomorrow morning and getting there around 6:15. I usually park on Cascade Springs road where south fork little deer creek cross and then climb to the summit trailhead and do the loop that way. Usually takes about an hour to do it. Anyone is welcome.

6:15 PM I assume? That's a good place to start. Any interest in shuttling from the summit to tibble? I've been having an absolute blast on 040 and 041 lately, and I'm dying to try mud springs after hearing Wayne's endorsement.

I wish there were a reasonable way to get from tibble to the summit, or at least the 4-way. Someday I'd like to do a bikepacking trip from timpanookie to Brighton/PC.

Last edited:

Samersen

6:15 PM I assume? That's a good place to start. Any interest in shuttling from the summit to tibble? I've been having an absolute blast on 040 and 041 lately, and I'm dying to try mud springs after hearing Wayne's endorsement.

I wish there were a reasonable way to get from tibble to the summit, or at least the 4-way. Someday I'd like to do a bikepacking trip from timpanookie to Brighton/PC.
No 6:15am. I would be down to shuttle, I only have a 2 bike rack but could probably get a buddy with a truck to come along and we could shuttle it much easier.

I have looked at that route as well! I think it would be fun to try going to Ant Knolls --> Ridge Trail --> Catherine Pass. I have heard from buddies on dirt bikes it would be pretty difficult on a mtb though. Still sounds fun! https://www.trailforks.com/trails/ridge-trail-157-9546/photos/

rholbrook

Hey russ, how did harry do?
Don’t know yet. They post results the next day. I know his first stage was pretty fast but I don’t know about the second stage yet. His first stage he was supposed to start at 6:55:30. He finished at 6:58:48 and there were a ton of 4 min plus times. If they were in fact starting according to the posted times then he had a good first stage. He was one of few that got descent air off of a crossing road. I have the video but it won’t load. But here is a photo of him close to where he landed. Most were barely even getting a wheelie off of this. He said it was fun but pretty rocky

Attachments

• 69EE4793-4C39-4230-9758-02F8ECBB5ED1.jpeg
    69EE4793-4C39-4230-9758-02F8ECBB5ED1.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 18

sixstringsteve

@benjy and i had a fun time at the oump track last night. Low key, just hanging out playing bikes. The water fountain is broken, so take a lot of your own water if you go.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Chad and I hit up Wasatch Crest with his coworker this morning. Took the Big Rack Shuttle. 7am.
So fun. Only had to walk one section (the top 1/3rd of real puke hill). There where two bull moose so I convieniently "had to" stop and walk so I could take a photo.

Basically amazing views, good temps and great trail! It was pretty smokey for all of the 27 miles.

IMG_20180806_074321.jpgIMG_20180806_084055.jpgIMG_20180806_074326.jpgIMG_20180806_101032.jpgIMG_20180806_080321.jpgIMG_20180806_080415.jpgMVIMG_20180806_081844.jpgIMG_20180806_081853.jpgIMG_20180806_083300.jpg

rholbrook

Harrison had three races last week. He raced the midweek enduro at Snowbird in the 34- Expert and took 22nd out nearly 50. The time between 1st and 22nd was like 30 seconds only. He raced the midweek cross country at Snow Basin in the Expert class the next night and took 2nd. Saturday he raced the ICUP cross country at Snowbird and bashed his derailer on rock on the first lap and got a DNF. That was his first DNF this year. Not a good week for him this last week. I think he only has the Snow Basin race Wednesday night this week.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
^ I would love to be good enough to to ride in a Megavalanche one day. Right now I just wanna be good enough that Josh doesn't dust me on the downhills.

Can I brag a little about this though? It ain't a KOM or even a top ten, but since most of my segments tend to cluster around the 85% mark, this segment result from this morning is making me feel pretty good.

Untitled.png

There's no way it's really 437 feet of vert in a 3rd of a mile though, I don't know where Strava gets that from. We only got 800 feet of vert the whole ride.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I finally tested out my dropper post last Sat. and wow, what a difference. I'm pretty sure that if I'd had that from the start I would not have had either of the two hard crashes I took. That's the most I've enjoyed a downhill, ever, and they've been scaring me lately. (uphill still sucks though)

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Is that a 2019 Instinct? Love Rocky Mountain, I've always had an irrational infatuation.