Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

I don't officially coach yet. I need to get all the insurance stuff and waivers worked out (anyone got any good contaccts for that?) I'd be happy to go on a trail ride with you and offer tips as a buddy, as long as you understand it's not an official coaching session... and I'm not charging money... just two guys riding a trail together, shootting the breeze.

I know christian offers private sessions, though I learn best with a group.

Maybe we should do a group skills night, where we all just practice stuff... you know... as a group of friends!

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I've kinda been a slug and I need to ride. I've got a couple hours Thursday night, I'm going to see how far up Yellow Fork I can make it in that time frame while I'm sleep deprived, although if it's still rainy I might just grind gravel in Rose Canyon. I'll be at Eagle Mountain early Saturday morning, that's sandy dirt and always dries out quick. And I'm plotting on some dirt church on Antelope Island this Sunday. I'm always down for company.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I've been toying with doing a shirt company for a couple months... I really liked blipshift, and feel there is a market big enough for MTB'ers - there are already ton's of MTB t-shirt companies, I'm hoping the limited run nature and low cost will help it stand out.

I'll be launching my first design next week, trying to decide between the Red shirt and Gray shirt - any thoughts?

red overlay sample.png gray overlay.png

If you have a minute, poke around my website pedaldesigns.com - and give me a follow on Insta or FB!

I have about 15 designs in queue, so I'll probably give it that long to see if it is worth pursuing beyond that.

Let me know if you have any advice!

Jesser04

I've been toying with doing a shirt company for a couple months... I really liked blipshift, and feel there is a market big enough for MTB'ers - there are already ton's of MTB t-shirt companies, I'm hoping the limited run nature and low cost will help it stand out.

I'll be launching my first design next week, trying to decide between the Red shirt and Gray shirt - any thoughts?

View attachment 116125 View attachment 116126

If you have a minute, poke around my website pedaldesigns.com - and give me a follow on Insta or FB!

I have about 15 designs in queue, so I'll probably give it that long to see if it is worth pursuing beyond that.

Let me know if you have any advice!
I like the grey one the blood on the pedal stands out more.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Picked up my new ride this week. Rockymountain instinct C50. I have been riding giant Reigns for years. My last one is a 2013 and a 26" wheel. After riding my friends 27.5 plus in moab last week I decided bigger wheels are pretty handy on rocky tech stuff. I demo'd a couple bikes in plus and 29 and settled on a 29 running 2.5 tires as a good compromise. These newer mid travel slack 29ers are sweet. Super smooth on the choppy stuff.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Picked up my new ride this week. Rockymountain instinct C50. I have been riding giant Reigns for years. My last one is a 2013 and a 26" wheel. After riding my friends 27.5 plus in moab last week I decided bigger wheels are pretty handy on rocky tech stuff. I demo'd a couple bikes in plus and 29 and settled on a 29 running 2.5 tires as a good compromise. These newer mid travel slack 29ers are sweet. Super smooth on the choppy stuff.

Bring it out to Antelope tomorrow. It's way too much bike for anything out there but the views are hard to beat.

sixstringsteve

Assuming it's not raining, I plan on heading to the Draper pump track tonight. Anyone's welcome to come. I'm hoping to get up the guts to hit one or two of the jumps on the pro line. I think i have the skills, but I definitely don't have the guts yet.

sixstringsteve

Dang, that sounds amazing. Ill be getting a 29er for review tomorrow. Zen would be the perfect trail to test it out on. Wish i xould zip down and ride with you.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Eagle mountain is the best place to ride in UT county when it has been wet. Too much wet and it gets nasty, but it dries out really fast.

Side note - Zen clockwise was brutal. There is a reason most people ride it counter. Some really challenging climbs. Descent wasn't quite as rewarding. It'll probably be a few weeks before I do it again so I can forget how tough it was