Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

RockChucker

Rode the crest again this morning. The dirt was absolute magic. Best dirt I have ever had anywhere. We dropped down into park city and hit red coat and insurgent on the way down. So good. I need new brakes now. My front pads are smoked. Can’t complain about 2 1/2 seasons with lots of miles on them. Hopefully the new ones will be quieter. Have never been able to get these sram code brakes to be quiet. Always sounds like a gobble of turkeys dying.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I am well over 5 rides now, so I am getting pretty good. :rofl:

I don't want to pretend I am better than I am, but I do feel that I am out-riding the specialized rockhopper sport I am on.
Corners are more hairy than I think they should be, going over braking bumps is pretty sketchy, and jump faces tend to feel like they are walls instead of inclines.

I am trying to find a full suspension for $1500 ish or less. Chad is on a Rocky mountain that I think I like, and has also recommended a Giant Reign. Any others I should keep an eye out for? needing a large frame, and wanting 29ers.

RockChucker

I've been happy with my Transition Sentinel. It's a relatively long travel 29er (160mm front, 140mm rear)

I paid money and rode the lifts at Deer Valley last Saturday. Man that was a riot. And I am so sore. 12-13000 feet of descending is no joke.

Corban_White

I'll probably be selling my stumpjumper if my Fezzari ever shows up (was supposed to be here the beginning of July. Every time I check on it its scheduled for 2 more weeks). :mad: The earliest it would be for sale is mid October. I don't want to turn this into a for sale thread, let me know if that is something you might be interested in.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Norco fluid XL 29er
https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/65144212

I just went and rode this bike. It’s an XL frame, but it fit me very well and was super comfortable. Totally loved it. However the brakes did not seem to grab like I think they should, and some of the teeth had been busted off of the largest chain ring. I walked away from it. But sort of regret it. I don’t think that it is a killer deal by any means, so I shouldn’t feel bad. If I like the bike, should I just get over the brakes and chain ring and expect replace them??

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
What year is that?
I'd recommend getting the right size frame even if it costs hundreds more. You wouldn't buy one size too small or too large of running shoe just because it was a good deal? Right?

he says that it is a 2019. Which is the year Norco made a bunch of changes for the better. According to Norco, I fit on either the large or XL. I totally loved the bike. I just can’t decide if it was a fair deal or not based on the brakes and chain ring

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
That's a fair deal because you can change a chainring and bleed brakes / change pads yourself. If you were mechanically inept, I'd skip it, but you like deals more than work.

Edit: what suspension components are on it? Looks like maybe a fusion x shock? Rockshock fork?

It's hard to tell if it's a fs1, 2 or 3
Was it 11 or 12 speed

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Terrible time to be buying a used bike. Most sellers are going to be way over what was reasonable a year or two ago.

Unless I really liked the geometry, I'd pass on that too. $1500 for a lower specced bike that needs work is a little silly.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
This bike is WAAAY over my skill level, and is more than I should spend.. but it keeps calling me. What does the group think?