Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

Tonkaman

This bike is WAAAY over my skill level, and is more than I should spend.. but it keeps calling me. What does the group think?

No such thing as “more than I should spend”.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
This bike is WAAAY over my skill level, and is more than I should spend.. but it keeps calling me. What does the group think?

That's an XC race bike, with six year old tech on it. It might be worth what he's asking to an XC racer, but two piston brakes, 100mm travel, steep angles and no dropper... I'm not sure that's the bike for you.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

My bike is WAY beyond my skill level too but it sure is a fun whip!

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
What are you on now? What don't you like about it?

its a 2019 specialized rockhopper. It’s a fine bike. I have been riding the draper trails with Chad and our boys, and it’s been great.
But now the boys are in school, so Chad rides a bit faster. Coming down hill, especially in corners and rough braking bumps, I feel like my bike is out of control. The back end spends more time in the air than on the ground, so I lose braking ability on that tire. Coming into the Jump faces, it almost feels more like a wall. If I have much speed at all, it feels like I am de-weighting the back tire just from the force of the transition.
I wasn’t planning to buy another bike until spring.. but I feel like I’m going to get hurt if I keep riding the way I am.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Out of curiosity, what PSI are you running in the rear tire? If you're not folding it in the corners or striking the rim, you could maybe get away with a little less pressure and that'd help keep it on the ground some.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Out of curiosity, what PSI are you running in the rear tire? If you're not folding it in the corners or striking the rim, you could maybe get away with a little less pressure and that'd help keep it on the ground some.

it changes depending on temperature and how much has leaked out. I pump it up every few weeks and ride it until it is too low again.
I am folding tires on occasion. No rim strikes that I know of yet

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I've got a neighbor with a 13 yr old kid who thinks he is going to be the next redbull rampage winner. They want to get him into a club or group where he can get some training to do extreme tricks. They asked if I knew of one. I don't.. but I said I know people who might.. Thoughts?

Tebbsjeep

On the Weber Davis MTB Facebook group, there is a guy named Nic McMillan and he oversees the ogden bike park. He does a lot of downhill racing, and I believe he has a kid that is around that age too that is pretty good. He might know of a group or could maybe point you in the right direction. I would think anybody who maintains the local bike parks would be a good place to start.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I've got a neighbor with a 13 yr old kid who thinks he is going to be the next redbull rampage winner. They want to get him into a club or group where he can get some training to do extreme tricks. They asked if I knew of one. I don't.. but I said I know people who might.. Thoughts?
He's probably looking for the Outlaws. https://mtbwithkids.com/outlaw-bike-team/

They aren't cheap and from the little exposure I've seen the parents and coaches are insufferably pretentious, but there's no doubt the kids on the team are damned good.