Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

Tonkaman

I’ve been really upset that I spent extra money on a good helmet but hadn’t actually tested it out, so I went Chad speed at Brian talent and gave the helmet a good checking. It works.

View attachment 150650

View attachment 150651
Proof that you should sell your mountain bikes and only partake of the much safer sport Dirt biking

The_Lobbster

I swear that place has been open for a while? Either that or I ran a different park in EM? Maybe they just rebuilt it?

I have a video if I can figure out how to link it in.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
1st rip on the crest this morning with a buddy from college. Cleaned puke hill and rode the high line on the spine for the first time. We dropped down into park city and went down red coat and insurgent. My favorite route.

Puke hill is no joke, good job!

We’ve been in Salt Lake for a week due to my wife recovering from surgery. Our little dude gets up at 530, so instead of hanging at the in-laws all morning, I’ve been taking him out on rides. We’ve ridden Round Valley, EaMo, Corner Canyon…

Any other recommendations? The kid is a bobble head and in his best interest smooth single track is preferred.

4F69F995-C758-47CB-82E7-4583D317CC38.jpeg

RockChucker

Puke hill is no joke, good job!

We’ve been in Salt Lake for a week due to my wife recovering from surgery. Our little dude gets up at 530, so instead of hanging at the in-laws all morning, I’ve been taking him out on rides. We’ve ridden Round Valley, EaMo, Corner Canyon…

Any other recommendations? The kid is a bobble head and in his best interest smooth single track is preferred.

View attachment 151105
You ridden vertigo on the alpine side of corner canyon? I think lambert park in alpine has some smoother stuff too.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
My boy and I will ride vertigo with you on Tuesday morning if you’d like. Our usually palls are out of town, and my boy like vertigo because it’s easy.

I cruised home this evening to get a few days in the office, I’ll probably be riding up there on Friday and Saturday morning this week

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I need just the lower part of the saddle clamp.. but can't seem to find one online... and what I can find is like $30 🤷‍♂️... but a whole new post with clamp is as cheap as $10

Maybe I am searching with the wrong terms.. what is that lower piece of the clamp called??

image.jpg

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I need just the lower part of the saddle clamp.. but can't seem to find one online... and what I can find is like $30 🤷‍♂️... but a whole new post with clamp is as cheap as $10

Maybe I am searching with the wrong terms.. what is that lower piece of the clamp called??

View attachment 151353
Jenson has the right part for a couple brands but I don't see yours (https://www.jensonusa.com/Seatpost-Clamp-Parts). That KS lower seat clamp might work if you feel like gambling $5.99 plus shipping?

Another option would be to get yourself down to the Salt Lake Bike Collective during their open shop/retail hours and having a dig through their seat posts bin, they might have a clamp that would work. Or a shop that retails Specialized/Bontrager stuff might have something in their spares bucket.

Or it might just be New Seat Post Day. Dropper posts are neat, and they've come way down in price.

shortstraw8

Jenson has the right part for a couple brands but I don't see yours (https://www.jensonusa.com/Seatpost-Clamp-Parts). That KS lower seat clamp might work if you feel like gambling $5.99 plus shipping?

Another option would be to get yourself down to the Salt Lake Bike Collective during their open shop/retail hours and having a dig through their seat posts bin, they might have a clamp that would work. Or a shop that retails Specialized/Bontrager stuff might have something in their spares bucket.

Or it might just be New Seat Post Day. Dropper posts are neat, and they've come way down in price.
Bike collective is a great idea. I 100% support a dropper post upgrade, probably one of my favorite features on my new bike, never knew how much I would like one.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks

View attachment 151353
I'm pretty sure I have a carbon seat post with clamps you can have. Only unwashed heathens ride without droppers