Any one running TBI with a YJ in tank EFI pump?

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I just had to replace the gas tank on my CJ. I bought
a Gen Right tank that accepts the YJ in tank pump module. Putting the CJ pick up /gauge sender in it is far from ideal and will not work well. I have a Holley projection system that needs 13 to 15 PSI. My first thought is to make a new pickup system and use the existing external fuel pump I have with a aftermarket gauge sender from summit, but an in tank module will be easier and maybe better. is it possible to regulate the pressure down to 15 or so and use the Jeep pumps? Is it possible to swap out the Jeep pump for a GM TBI based one in the module? Someone must have made it work somehow. Thanks for any help you guys can provide

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I’m using all stock 4.0L YJ tank on my TBI. No issues at all. No regulators or anything. Stock ‘89 GM TBI out of a Suburban. Using an aftermarket Chrysler gauge from Oreilly. Works well enough

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
There is a pressure regulator on your throttle body already, so any pump that produces any amount more than 15 PSI should work fine.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Yes Im wondering how much it is capable of returning though. I think it should be similar to a factory GM regulator but who knows. I Have ordered one of these. prd227.htm. with a GM TBI pump. I think it will work perfect. If it doesn't I should be able to try other pumps easy enough.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Not to side track but how do you like the GenRight Tank? I was looking at one for my 4.0L CJ so I can move the loud external pump inside the tank.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I like it. Sucks losing 5 gal of capacity but I can live with it. The stock cj pickup/sender was not ever going to work right and they should just say so up front but with a YJ module or aftermarket setup like I went with everything is fine. Long term if it doesn’t crack or leak i’m happy. Clearance for moving axle back is great.