Any other ultralight backpackers on RME?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Just ordered the material to build a backpacking quilt. Looking for it to be 50 degree.

We are trying to decide if we are making one 2 person quilt or 2 one person quilts. We could save some weight by going with one quilt.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Shell and liner are nobul1 which is a 10dx10d fabric at .67oz. per sq. yard

The insulation is 2.5 apex climashield at 2.5 oz. per sq. yard.

I need to order some good thread.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Got the quilts finished! We used them last week in havasupai. The twin quilt worked beautifully. It ended up the perfect size for my wife and I. Temps got down to around 50(according to interwebs)and we were nice and cozy. The double quilt ended up being just a hair over 13 ounces and the single quilt was 7.8 ounces.
Since we only had to take one quilt we saved the 1lb. 15oz. of my wife's bag an a few ounces from my 30 degree.

I also used the double quilt for 8 days in Moab and it was awesome.

Last edited:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Just ordered the kiddos some enlightened equipment revelation quilts http://www.enlightenedequipment.com/revelation/. Little Davy saved up the money to buy one for him and one for his sister. What a cool kid.

Cedar got a short slim and it should come in at about 15 ounces
Davy got a regular regular and it should come in at about 17 ounces.

I bet these bags will last them a long time.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
sweet. You have awesome kids.

I love my enlightened quilt.

This will be our first experience with enlightened quilts. I have the hoodlum and booties, and they are sweet.
The kids decided being able to pick out the colors of the bag was more important than saving a few ounces with a zpacks. Cedar got tan inside and blue outside. Davy got tan inside, black outside with camo stripes :)

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Slept in my E.E. Zero degree this weekend in a yurt and it is a really comfortable well sized bag.

cackalak

I've used this pack for the past 5 years. It's held up to lots of campouts--west desert, King's peak, etc. My typical load for a 5-7 day outing is approximately ~20lbs, which includes food/water (use of Sawyer straw to supplement water). I've been super impressed with it and the material and workmanship have held up great. It is totally frameless, and I use my sleeping pad as a backpad when packing.

I have no affiliation with the manufacturer, but the guy is out of Logan, so a local guy. I spoke to him on the phone before ordering, and he was able to answer all questions and send the pack out the next day.

http://www.ula-equipment.com/product_p/cdt.htm

For a bivy, I use Borah gear. Got the standard bivy and tarp, which has been a great set up. The bivy breathes a little bit, which helps. If it looks like rain, the super light tarp comes out to rescue.

Here I am camped out on Skyline Dr near Farmington. Just using the bivy though a very light drizzle for ~1hr. Worked well without the tarp.
Farmington BP 2015.JPG