Any plumbers out there

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I have finally run out of luck on my 31 year old water heater. It has started to leak. I have been looking into what replacement would be best and all of the main manufacturers have those that like them and lots that hate them. None off the new ones will last as long as the one I have even though they cost a lot more. Do any of you have a favorite brand ? or know of a decent brand ?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Tankless heaters have come a long way. Prices have come way down. I’d heavily consider doing one if you plan to live there for a while.

4x4_Welder

Go to an actual plumbing store. 90% of what they have at the box stores is garbage that will need a valve or an element in just a few years.
If you have gas to the house, a tankless is great. They become a bit of a wash if you have only electric, they need a ton of power.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I know that the tankless takes a larger gas line and a fair amount of re-plumbing so I would have to see how much work it would be.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I think a tank less needs a outer wall to make it mount up right, but everything I have seen/heard on them make me think it is the way to go.

Regular water heaters aren't a big deal, if you can swap a tranny you can swap a water heater. ;)

Saw you a couple of times this weekend, but usually and a 50+ feet/35 mph away so we didn't get a chance to talk, next time!

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Swapping the old for the same style won't be much of an issue. The issue I have is which brand to choose. I have even asked several plumbers I know and they all say different brands and some say stay away from the big box store brands. Which rig did you see me in ? I have been running around between hospitals and clinics trying to get my wife healthy again.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
A supply house water heater is usually better than the same brand from a big box store. Better insulation and better therostat (read: more seviceable) I used a friend's account at standard plumming and got a 60 gallon for the same price as a 40 at a big box. With a better warranty.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Swapping the old for the same style won't be much of an issue. The issue I have is which brand to choose. I have even asked several plumbers I know and they all say different brands and some say stay away from the big box store brands. Which rig did you see me in ? I have been running around between hospitals and clinics trying to get my wife healthy again.

Crap Dave sorry to hear about your wife. I had you and Jason pile of parts mixed up.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I have used Schoenhower (SP?) plumbing in the past he is/was a member here. I have also used superior water for my softener and they were great to work with.