Any rock climbers on here?

Fuller

Formerly limegrnxj
I was wondering if anybody had any experience climbing and would like to go. my step son is taking classes at momentum and i would realy like to get him out on a real rock, i think he would love it.

If any one is interested to go with us and help him out, I would be willing to drive to a place if you have the gear. he has his own harness chalk bag and shoes. he also said that the hardest that he has climbed was a 5.9, I have no experience at all so this would be all for him

plaidfro

If you are ever planning on heading to Rock Canyon in Provo... I'd be more than happy to help him top-rope some of the fun climbs in there.

Fuller

Formerly limegrnxj
i would be happy to go anywhere within 100 miles or so of slc so that would be awsome.

his weekends with my wife and i are the 7the and the 21st of may if either of those will work with you

plaidfro

i would be happy to go anywhere within 100 miles or so of slc so that would be awsome.

his weekends with my wife and i are the 7the and the 21st of may if either of those will work with you

SLC guys can take him up the Cottonwood Canyons, N. Utah County guys can take him up AF canyon. Provo are guys can do Rock Canyon. S. Utah County guys can head up Santaquin Canyon.

I'm not hardcore in climbing... just enough to keep up my skills for canyoneering and have fun while doing it. If noone from SLC chimes in and a weekday evening or a weekend works out I'd be happy to go up for a climb. I live close by the mouth of Rock Canyon.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
I used to climb a ton when I was younger.. been getting back into the last couple of years and would be glad to take him along.. I usually end up climbing some easier sport stuff just south of Tooele.. probably won't be going until after I get back from Cancun on the 14th of May.. Could probably do the 21'st of May.. :)

It would be helpful for whoever you have go with him to talk with your step son one on one (at least through chat or something) to get a decent feel of what his level really is.. what he knows of ropework etc

:)