Any snowmobilers in southwest Utah?

hammerhead

Junkyard Dog
For the first time in years I have a sled. So do a few of my friends. Problem is I've not ridden in years and the only place I know is Brianhead.

Any suggestions? Anyone want to go sleddin'? Maybe show me around?

hammerhead

Junkyard Dog
A Yamaha Phazer. Almost for free. I just did a couple carb jobs on some newer models and the Phazer was my payment.

Here's the funny part. It only has 2,000 miles on it and came with spare parts including an Aaen performance pipe, a cold air intake kit, a deep snow kit, an assortment of clutch parts, gears, jets, etc, still in the packages. WOW! Brand new!

Before I started doing the mods I took it out with some friends who also were on Phazers and mine was faster. After the mods we went out again and before I was even done tuning it I could smoke 'em like a cheap cigar... ;)

I'm thinkin' I want a bigger track... one of the new ones with the big paddles.

Sweet, I got a free phazer too. I picked one up from a field in Montana and went through it, cleaned the carbs and what not. I took it out and it ran great so I let some friends ride it. While they were riding it the fan belt broke and it overheated and melted. :mad: Suck huh?

What's the deep snow kit do on the phazer. Does it lift the back end up? Are the track drivers smaller or something? Just curious because I was thinking of toying with mine. They aren't the most powerfull but I think with the proper clutching and piping you could turn a 136" paddle track.

The difference in the tracks is amazing. I've got two Exciters, one of them has been cut in half and mated with an arctic cat tunnel to run a 1 3/4 paddle track. That sled will run circles around the other and it also banks and sidehills ten times easier.

Getbent and I have been looking at the 16" wide tracks for his sled. He can fit one easy with his 18" wide tunnel.
Can you say fast?

hammerhead

Junkyard Dog
Deep snow kit just keeps snow out of airbox and such when it gets over the hood...

Phazers will pull 136s but the tunnel only allows about a 1.4 paddle. You can fit bigger if you use the smaller drives.

I'm planning to get a bigger track for mine. Will also be lifting the tail and other mods as well.