Any success?

Houndoc

Mixed hunt results. Wyoming deer tag went unfilled. Got too picky and passed on a buck I shouldn't have (although a friend passed on the same descent sized 3x4 and instead got this: eds buck.jpg )

Son and I also have doe pronghorn tags in Wyoming. I got mine last Thursday, we will go back out again next week to try again for his (although he had a great day practicing his stalking skills as we say several hundred critters.)

How are the rest of you doing?

DAA

I passed up on three dinks Sat. morning, biggest was a wamby 4 pt. Saw two others, also small, but too far off to have shot if I wanted. I think all five of them I saw ended up dead though. I know for sure at least three of them did.

Couple dudes sitting below me must have taken 20 shots before they finally killed that wamby little 4 pt. They shot at three different buck, anywhere from two to a dozen shots at each. I was so glad they finally got one! Was getting really tired of hearing them shoot all morning and not hitting anything.

Started raining about 2pm, never quit, my buddy who was just hanging out with me and not hunting was soaked and freezing (he didn't bring rain gear), so we called it a day and hiked out to the Jeep.

Was just up above the B.

I'm just not feeling it. Never have been too much into the rifle deer hunt. Too many idiots to deal with. Probably won't even go out again.

- DAA

Jeromy

I went with my buddies to Wyoming after pronghorn does, I didn't have a tag and was just along for the ride. None of us drew buck tags this year up their. They each filled their tags, 4 of them total. Was a great hunt. Got a little wet but other then that was very nice!

I hear you about the utah riffle deer hunt, haven't done that one in a long time.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
We didn't even go out Saturday. I didn't bother getting a tag since I still have lots of meat from last year. My son got a nice 4 point, son in law got a 4 point and a cow elk, and my nephew got a three point. All were taken on the archery hunt.

ID Bronco

My son shot a doe about an hour into the hunt, it got dark and we went home. Does this count? It's my kind of hunting.

Attachments

• Scott with nice brown.jpg
    Scott with nice brown.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 7

rholbrook

My son shot a doe about an hour into the hunt, it got dark and we went home. Does this count? It's my kind of hunting.
Counts for me. Last year while everyong hunted, I was fishing the the North Fork of the Sevier and did very well.

My neice shot this with a muzzleloader a few weeks ago near the Book Cliffs.
jacs buck.JPG

My son-in-law said he saw a ton of bucks this year and even a couple of nice 4 pts but he wants to get something a little bigger this year so he is being patient.