Any Switzerland experts?

Houndoc

Later this month I am headed to Switzerland and trying to figure out how to maximize my time there.

We land in Geneva on Wednesday about 3:30pm, have a concert to be to in Bienne Friday night and leave from Geneva 8pm on Sunday.

If doable, areas recommended to me that have most interest are Zermatt/Matterhorn (see not climb of course!) and the Lauterbrunned and Grinderwald areas near Interlaken. But also looking for other suggests and best ways to see the area without spending too much time driving from place to place.

Also undecided on renting a car. I have heard it is a great country to rely on trains, but for a short trip that does tie us to train and bus schedules. Have also heard parking can be scarce.

Any thoughts and suggestions are very appreciated!!

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I am not even close to being a Switzerland expert, but Lauterbrunnen and Interlaken are incredible. I enjoyed that area way more than anywhere we went in Italy. We spent 3 days in interlaken, and I would have loved to spend my full 2 weeks there.

That said, we only had one stop in Switzerland, so I can’t say one place is better than another. We flew out of Geneva, and it felt just like another big euro city, I wouldn’t plan any more time there than I had to. March may be a harder time to visit?

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I am not even close to being a Switzerland expert, but Lauterbrunnen and Interlaken are incredible. I enjoyed that area way more than anywhere we went in Italy. We spent 3 days in interlaken, and I would have loved to spend my full 2 weeks there.
This was my exact experience.

Houndoc

That said, we only had one stop in Switzerland, so I can’t say one place is better than another. We flew out of Geneva, and it felt just like another big euro city, I wouldn’t plan any more time there than I had to. March may be a harder time to visit?
Seem to be areas that are consistently mentioned.

Interlaken isn't too far from where we need to be for the concert.