anybody ride a ktm 300??

pELYgroso

'Merica
I'm looking into getting a newer ktm 300 something or other. The one with the electric start, head, tail light, (2 stroke) I've heard good things about them. I'm not sure if it's the exc or the mxc...there's so many versions.... anybody have any info or opinions on them?

or,

any suggestions on a great bike that I can whip around pretty well in moab (or in other words, not most 450's) that has a light, is light, possibly electric start, and that doesn't take every ounce out of you every other time you have to kick start it???

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I'm looking into getting a newer ktm 300 something or other. The one with the electric start, head, tail light, (2 stroke) I've heard good things about them. I'm not sure if it's the exc or the mxc...there's so many versions.... anybody have any info or opinions on them?

I ride with several people who have the e-start 300 and they love them. I rode one up in Idaho and it is light and nimble with a lot of low end grunt that will pull strongly up through the top end. It is a good all around bike and easy to maintain.

possibly electric start, and that doesn't take every ounce out of you every other time you have to kick start it???

Any 2 stroke is going to be easier to start than a four stroke, but I don't think 4 strokes are that bad. You just need to find out what works best with your bike........ cracked throttle, no throttle, hot start lever, etc.

TK1

Full Mall Crawler Status
I had an 07 no electric start but awesome bike. Sadly I no longer have it, last year wasn't to good on the finances so she had to go. :(

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
The power on the KTM 300's (all years) is one of the best of any bike I have ever ridden. They seriously do everything very well from high speed desert to tight technical woods the motor is very predictable. Electric start models are new enough that you won't have to worry, but anything older than 01 lacks greatly in the handling department imo. I had a 98MXC and as great as the motor was the bike around it ruined it :-\

I would love a new 300XC-W...