Anybody with a 3D printer?

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Was wondering if anybody has a 3D printer and would be up for printing something out. I can pay a few bucks for what ever is needed. I modeled up a phone mount for my DJI remote. I could buy something similar for 15 bucks but were is the fun in that. I used google sketchup to make the model but since it's not something I normally do I'm sure I screwed something up with the it when it comes to printing it.....LoL

Attachments

• DJI phone mount.jpg
    DJI phone mount.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 14

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Seems Orem has one but it's only open certain days. Today happens to be one of them. I guess I could take a trip later and see. The other problem I'm thinking I'll run into is they will be printing in PLA which is great for simple stuff, low heat no real fumes. I'm looking more for ABS ,Polycarbonate , or ASA which is more for final part making but tend to put off fumes and require high heat.

Last edited:
I would be willing to print for you. Delta printer with a build area of 290mm cylindrical x 445mm Peak Z (11.5" x 17.5"). I currently have Atomic Filament PETG deep black and gun metal gray.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Right now I have it in 3 files. I have the standard google SKP, OBJ, and put in Slic3r for STL. The bed and material setting would need to be changed for what ever is used I just stuffed it through to get the file format. Again I have never modeled for 3D printing some I'm sure there is something wrong somewhere. I attached a zip with all 3 feel free to take a look if you want. How strong is PETG. Does it last or does it break down over time and use?

Attachments

• DJImount.zip
    640.9 KB · Views: 2
PETG:
  • Very durable, it’s more flexible than PLA or ABS, but also a little softer. You’d have a hard job breaking it in half, so if an ‘unbreakable’ case or enclosure is what you need, PETG trumps pretty much everything (except, Nylon 12).
  • It has very low shrinkage, and therefore no warping. Ideal for printing big stuff.
  • PETG is also very strong, it’s not brittle but can be scratched more easily than ABS which is harder.
  • PETG plastic makes a terrible support structure, because it sticks so well. But because it sticks so well, layer adhesion is fantastic, so prints come out strong.
  • It sticks well to the print bed too, so be careful when you’re removing it after printing.
  • It has a great chemical resistance, along with alkali, acid and water resistance.
  • Odourless when printing.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I can't thank you enough Dr.Strange got home and started fitting it. I was rough guessing a few numbers and wasn't fully thinking it all out. Had to do some cutting and grinding but now I have good numbers to work from for the next go.

Attachments

• 20180823_224134.jpg
    20180823_224134.jpg
    715.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20180823_224155.jpg
    20180823_224155.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20180823_224248.jpg
    20180823_224248.jpg
    685.6 KB · Views: 33