Anyone been down by Moab or Swells recently?

cackalak

I’m getting cabin fever and need to get out.
I was down in the Swells early December with one of my daughters and had a great time. Went to that monolith by the Mars research center (can’t remember what it was called), up to factory butte, to swazey’s cabin, goblin valley, temple mtn, then back home.
Wondering what the conditions are like down there currently.
Moab, I may hit up onion creek or maybe part of White Rim.

Never been down there this early in the year. I know we’ve had a lot of snow. Thanks for any input.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I’m getting cabin fever and need to get out.
I was down in the Swells early December with one of my daughters and had a great time. Went to that monolith by the Mars research center (can’t remember what it was called), up to factory butte, to swazey’s cabin, goblin valley, temple mtn, then back home.
Wondering what the conditions are like down there currently.
Moab, I may hit up onion creek or maybe part of White Rim.

Never been down there this early in the year. I know we’ve had a lot of snow. Thanks for any input.
Moab had snow last week and was muddy. Haven't seen anything this week. I'd assume it's still pretty nasty.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I would pretty much count on everything being a nasty mess down there until a) we get another hard freeze or b) we get around a week of dry weather and temps above 40.

I feel you tho. The Long Grey Suck is getting to me this year too.
The next two months can be the worst part of winter in Utah for us off-roaders. Too muddy to go into the hills, but still too cold to do much else.