Anyone do Restoration?

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
I have a 1964 Chevelle Malibu, Straight with the exception of the standard Chebby cancer on the rear fenders. What I need is someone to help me restore the interior to new while still keeping the original look. This car was baught by my grandmother in 64 off the showroom florr, so staying with the original look is required. It currently has the stock 289? and origianl trannie, only work my dad and I have done to date is about 9-10 yrs ago we rebuilt the engine and hooked it up a little, painted it about 15 yrs. The rest is 64'.

is.php

is.php

is.php

Last edited:

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Thanks Shawn I appreciate it, It runs allright right now, but is in serious ned of help. I can tell the trannie and torque converters getting tired, the rearend is in need of a rebuild and regear (knew I kept that 8.25 for a reason). Itll get there, too bad the snow hit, My old man was supposed to drive it back out from WA for me.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
283......(blasphemy mentioning that it has a 289 :D--stinking F*rd motor)......

Look up a guy named Kim Dodge in Smithfield, UT. He'll do an EXCELLENT job on the interior and will put it EXACTLY how you want it.

You'll need quarter panels, inners and probably a trunk floor, but looks like a way nice specimen.

jp008

Call my friend Todd. Tell him Jim gave you the number. He has a SHAWEET 69 RS Camaro, along with some other cool toys. He is kind of odd but is very knowledgable in the automotive (strictly GM) area.
His number is 399-1763.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
mbryson said:
283......(blasphemy mentioning that it has a 289 :D--stinking F*rd motor)......
One of the best Ford motors ever produced is the 289. But I suspect your Chevelle has a 283 in it.

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
As far as interior parts you can buy all the new door panels, seat covers, head liner etc. brand new from the restoration people. We gutted the interior on my Dads '66 and had the metal painted at a body shop and installed the rest ourselves.