Anyone else going to the Crue concert tonight?

ID Bronco

Heading down and back today, but it should be cool. I am actually more excited to see Alice. I don't even really listen to any of them anymore, but it will let me re-live my early teenage years a little. :rofl:

DAA

Wanted to, but couldn't swing it. I'd be there more for Alice too. I did see the Crue and Poison show with the original lineups when they came through a few years ago though and Motley was the tightest I've ever seen them. I was pleasantly surprised. Guess they finally figured out how to play together and being half way sober surely doesn't hurt either. They used to be just rougher than a cob, could hardly play live, back in the day.

- DAA

rholbrook

Years ago, like nearly 30 years ago when Alice Cooper came to town he showed up at video store I was working in on North Temple the night before his concert to get some videos and a VHS player. We talked for probably an hour. He was so cool and was really cool to the customers that came in and recognized him. I ended up renting him a bunch of "Faces Of Death" video and told him I would go pick the stuff up at his hotel in a couple of days if he would just leave them with the hotel manager. Later that night he had someone call me and tell me he was leaving me some tickets at the hotel. When I got there to pick up the tickets, there were 4 floor seats. Super nice guy but with an odd sense of viewing pleasures.

My only other brush with greatness is the few times I get to ride with Tyson A.

ID Bronco

well, after getting home at 4:30am I am finally awake again. The show started 3 full hours late. Everyone stood in line for what seemed like forever. But, after the show started it was an awesome theatrical performance. Alice played all the really popular stuff, and he has an awesome female guitarist that did an amazing solo. Motley Crue was hard hitting, loud, and pretty edgy. The vocals were not great, it sounded like he forgot some of the words now and then but the show, lights, explosions ect were cool to see. Tommy Lee's drum set is on this roller coaster track, and comes clear out over the crowd while spinning upside down a few times. It was a great show. It was little rough for me, but I don't listen to that much anymore. They were great showman.

I also heard they had their "final tour" last year and the shirts I saw on everyone said that but here they are again. What's up with that? Just money?