Central Utah Anyone for a Hanging Tree run? (I hope I haven't missed the boat.)

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Background: This spring, I made a new Jeep friend. He has a TJ on 33s and no experience. Took him to Forest Lake & Mineral basin and he thought he had died and gone to heaven. I told him he needs to see Hanging Tree someday, as a passenger since his rig is nowhere near built for it.

He just called me. "When are we doing Hanging Tree? You said you run it every year." :eek:

I saw the thread about Labor Day. Too late for that, obviously. Is anybody thinking about a trip on HT in the near future? I'm worried the weather means my window of opportunity for 2018 is closing fast.

Anyone? Anyone?

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
There was some talk about a upcoming HT run, but I don't think it happened. I think Skippy was talking about running one of his JK rigs. I'd love to tag along, but wouldn't want to bring my JKU... it's too..... straight.

Bart

Supporting Member
Dempsey, do you really want to do that to a "friend"? 33s and no experience?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Dempsey, do you really want to do that to a "friend"? 33s and no experience?
Whoops, let me clarify. He would come along as a passenger (and photographer).

Bart

Supporting Member
Gotcha. In that case I may be interested, depending on the date. Might as well have 2 tired motor rigs on the trail.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I’d bring my dead motor rig (hopefully with a live motor?) depending on weekend
Gotcha. In that case I may be interested, depending on the date. Might as well have 2 tired motor rigs on the trail.
Okay, what weekend sounds good to you guys? Between this weekend and next weekend, Sunday the 22nd has the nicest forecast (sunny and 67^).

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Sunday’s are pretty tough for me with my new position . Saturday’s are probably the same for you?
Yeah, Saturdays are definitely tricky... but I might have to make one work. ;)

BTW: I just found out my friend can't make it on Sun the 22nd anyway.

zukgod1

Senior crawler
I would be down for this. Plan a day and let's make it happen. Fast!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bart

Supporting Member
I am out this weekend, being it's the first weekend at home in 2 months. Maybe next weekend???