Anyone got an ORD Magnum?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
So, the new YJ is underway and I'm getting parts together. Currently going to get rhe axle swap in and run it while I get the drivetrain together.
If my e-sleuthing is correct the TH400 and the stock 5spd are the same length. And according to ORD, their sweet Magnum underdrive on a 205 is only 1.6" longer than a SYE'd 241, so... that should work just fine spacewise. And that's a big reason why I'm not using a cheaper option, that short length. I'm not really planning to stretch this. Because comp cuts are the Crocs of body mods. :cody:

Anyone here have one? I'm curious how you like it, If you do.

1969honda

Supporting Member
I'm intrested in the magnum as well, it's either that or an Ecobox from NWF. I have a Ford married case I picked up for $75 last year on KSL to go in my K5 behind the 6L80, just need to swap the input shaft to a GM of the right length.

There's quite a bit of info on a couple of the other big forums about both. If I remember right for any sort of regular road driving there's a mod to have the Ecobox share fluid with your transmission. Doing that it is supposed to stay cooler, gets filtered and regularly changed. I'm not sure if the magnum has the same capability or need.

Check post #1080 here to see what I'm talking about.

85CUCVKRAWLER

Oooh, why, he's just around the corner, too, and I owe a visit!

I have the Northwest Fab Ecobox (titan black box), not the ORD magnum box. Its a great unit and has worked well for me for atleast one season.

Couple things of note:
If you have the TH400, which is the long 32 spline output, I dont think this works with the NWF ecobox.
I have the SM465 with 32 spline short output.
The ecobox makes you find a 32 spline NP241 and use the planetary gears from it to save money.
Finding an NP241 from behind a 4L80E can be hard to do (it was for me).
You can skip all this if you pay the extra for the Titan black box (same thing, but gears cut by NWF).
The Ecobox output is 32 spline GM round 6 bolt. Finding a round pattern 32 spline np205 anymore is PAINFUL
I wound up using the NWF figure 8 adapter.
Wound up converting a 27 spline np205 to 32 short spline and it cost some money.
Overall length is shorter than my NP208 with slip yoke output.
Dont forget the cable shifters you will need.

85CUCVKRAWLER

I'm intrested in the magnum as well, it's either that or an Ecobox from NWF. I have a Ford married case I picked up for $75 last year on KSL to go in my K5 behind the 6L80, just need to swap the input shaft to a GM of the right length.

There's quite a bit of info on a couple of the other big forums about both. If I remember right for any sort of regular road driving there's a mod to have the Ecobox share fluid with your transmission. Doing that it is supposed to stay cooler, gets filtered and regularly changed. I'm not sure if the magnum has the same capability or need.

Check post #1080 here to see what I'm talking about.

Yes, NWF states any road driving you need you need to plumb the ecobox into the trans cooler lines. IIRC this guy just T-tapped it into his 4L80E lines. The box does not hold but like .8L of fluid.