Anyone here work with email marketing?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
This may be a long shot, but I'm curious if anyone works with email marketing and large email lists.... like 100k+. Looking for some advice, input, etc.

Bart

We do a bit of that, although not 100k at a time, but we will do 10k or so at a time. Anything over 500 will trip spam filters bounce most of them. You need to work with companies and have your sending domain approved to send large quantities. I know just enough to make me dangerous and am not involved with the actual process.

Greg

Admin
We do a bit of that, although not 100k at a time, but we will do 10k or so at a time. Anything over 500 will trip spam filters bounce most of them. You need to work with companies and have your sending domain approved to send large quantities. I know just enough to make me dangerous and am not involved with the actual process.

I'll be using Klaviyo, it's a pretty neat setup where you can build 'newsletters' to send to your list. I'm sure it sends out a small, specific amount at a time, to keep from tripping spam filters.

I need to figure out things like how to build a newsletter to start with, begin warming up a cold list, how often to send emails, how to build up to getting conversions/sales, offering discounts for the long time customers/people on the list, etc. I've been doing a decent amount of learning online watching YT vids, but would love to hear from someone I know, that does this for a living. It's all new to me and I really don't want to screw up! :eek:

Magerdgr

Have gun, will travel
I don’t know if you ever listen to Pat Flynn, but he recently did a podcast about this on the Smart Passive Income podcast and he speaks of it fairly extensively in his new book I believe. Might look into it if you haven’t. I really like him.

Greg

Admin
What are you trying to spam 100k people with Greg?!?!

A new business, these people signed up... 150k email addys!

I don’t know if you ever listen to Pat Flynn, but he recently did a podcast about this on the Smart Passive Income podcast and he speaks of it fairly extensively in his new book I believe. Might look into it if you haven’t. I really like him.

I haven't, but I'll check it out. Thanks Wade!

Greg

Admin
150k is huge! Did you set up the email capture for that? If so, I'd love to pick your brain!

Tell me about it, it's super intimidating!! I inherited the list with a business purchase. The PO got the email addys in some kind of a contest, he paid a pretty hefty price to be involved. I believe that out of that 150k, 20-30k are now 'no contact', but that still leaves 120-130k people.

Honestly, we should talk one of these days.... this biz is in a very similar space that you've been playing in. I'd love to pick your brain, too. :D

rholbrook

Which program is this?
Vineyard Soft's Knowledge Sync Alerts. Its a little pricey but works well. I use it to mine databases and look for needles in the haystacks and then alert via text, email, fax, IM, etc. Works great. I attache reports, spreadsheets and other things to the alerts which makes it really handy for me but you can use it easily for email marketing which I have also done for some of my clients.

ID Bronco

We use our company CRM (Zoho.com) and it allows us to send large quantities of emails at a time. 150K is too big, but it would do that on a schedule. Usually I see that I want it going out in batches so I can keep up with the inquiries that hopefully come from it.

Greg

Admin
Well, I'm getting it figured out.... built a newsletter linking to certain products and offered a discount code. I did a test run yesterday, sent it out to 3k people. It seemed pretty successful, far as emailing to a 'cold' list. I decided to do it again today, emailing 30k people. I just wish more people would open AND click! Need to do some studying on that aspect of the marketing.