Anyone into 3D printing?

RockChucker

That is really cool. You could easily sell those all over the country. (tailored to local mountains)

x2 .... world wide, really. Offer versions for Mt Fuji, Mt Hood, Everest, K2, Kilimanjaro etc.

You wanted to get into dropshipping Dave, setup a Shopify store offering these for the popular mountains around the world, run ads to mountain climbers and outdoors folks on FB and start printing 3D models of mountains and shipping them out. You could also target people based on location, like Carl says. You control the product and quality, ship from home.... they're small and light weight. Seriously, you might be on to something big here. ;)
That’s kind of my thought. Could be very easily adapted to a bookend or something like that too. I’ve always had a fascination with Lone Peak because I grew up in its shadow. Figured I couldn’t be the only one.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Those are rad!

We just leased an office space and moved all of our operation out of the house and over there. We're going to go up to 18 printers so that we have excess capacity and we're not stuck there every night and weekend working on printers and stuff.

Anybody have a daughter in HS that is looking for PT work a couple days a week? We need to find someone to come in and help package and ship.

Cody

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Those are rad!

We just leased an office space and moved all of our operation out of the house and over there. We're going to go up to 18 printers so that we have excess capacity and we're not stuck there every night and weekend working on printers and stuff.

Anybody have a daughter in HS that is looking for PT work a couple days a week? We need to find someone to come in and help package and ship.

Cody

My daughter may be interested. Where's the office? (she just got her DL last week---worked for a candy company from Oct-Jan.... they won't have orders for another few months)

RockChucker

@Cody not sure if this would help you guys or not....

My printer came with a glass bed, but it isn't a normal piece of glass. It has some sort of matrix bonded to the surface. After I got the z height dialed in and got the appropriate "squish" on the first layer, I have not had a single bed adhesion failure. I also had to toggle my printer's economy setting to off because it would turn the bed heater off after the first couple layers. With the bed heated throughout the print and a simple wipe with 91% isopropyl before the print starts, I've had great success. Then after the print is done, once the bed/glass has cooled down, the part releases with ease. Maybe something like this will help you turn your printers over between jobs faster. I think this is what my bed is. I couldn't find an ender 5 plus one, but mine has this same look to it.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
@Cody not sure if this would help you guys or not....

My printer came with a glass bed, but it isn't a normal piece of glass. It has some sort of matrix bonded to the surface. After I got the z height dialed in and got the appropriate "squish" on the first layer, I have not had a single bed adhesion failure. I also had to toggle my printer's economy setting to off because it would turn the bed heater off after the first couple layers. With the bed heated throughout the print and a simple wipe with 91% isopropyl before the print starts, I've had great success. Then after the print is done, once the bed/glass has cooled down, the part releases with ease. Maybe something like this will help you turn your printers over between jobs faster. I think this is what my bed is. I couldn't find an ender 5 plus one, but mine has this same look to it.

We've got a couple different types of glass beds right now. The older ones had the black texture, and after a lot of use the black starts to come off the bed and stay on the prints. Them Karen's like to complain about that shit. We're playing with some clear glass beds right now, and they are pretty sweet, but man it's hard to level them. It's like a mirror and hard to tell where the end of the nozzle is in relation to the bed. We may have to give one of those a try.
My daughter may be interested. Where's the office? (she just got her DL last week---worked for a candy company from Oct-Jan.... they won't have orders for another few months)
It's on about 9th south and 3rd west. It's a brand new building that is almost exclusively female business owners. I'll let you know as we get closer to pulling the trigger on hiring someone. I know her old boss' daughter is interested, but doesn't have a driver's license (what is it about this generation and their indifference towards driving? This other girl is almost 19 and doesn't seem to care that she's dependent upon/burden to other people). It would probably be like Monday and Thursday for 3-4 hours.

RockChucker

We've got a couple different types of glass beds right now. The older ones had the black texture, and after a lot of use the black starts to come off the bed and stay on the prints. Them Karen's like to complain about that shit. We're playing with some clear glass beds right now, and they are pretty sweet, but man it's hard to level them. It's like a mirror and hard to tell where the end of the nozzle is in relation to the bed. We may have to give one of those a try.
Good to know. I'll have to keep an eye on that....not much of an issue if you're printing black...but would sure stand out on hot pink or teal haha

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
It's on about 9th south and 3rd west. It's a brand new building that is almost exclusively female business owners. I'll let you know as we get closer to pulling the trigger on hiring someone. I know her old boss' daughter is interested, but doesn't have a driver's license (what is it about this generation and their indifference towards driving? This other girl is almost 19 and doesn't seem to care that she's dependent upon/burden to other people). It would probably be like Monday and Thursday for 3-4 hours.

I would bet she'd be pretty interested. She's obviously still in school but is a good worker and reliable.