Anyone know of any isolated trails?

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
I'm moving out of my mom's house against my will. :D I could stay at a bunch of friends houses but I really feel like camping for a week or two until I find a place of my own. My work gives me a free membership to the Orem Rec Center, so I've got free shower access. And I can handle the cost of a laundromat for a couple weeks. So what I'm thinkin is, just taking my Jeep up to some secluded trail up AF or Provo canyon and parking it there and having that be "home". Ya know, keep what few things I have in there because it has locks. :) Then I can use my DD to get to and from that spot daily. I'd really like to find some where off the beathen track that won't get a lot of traffic. I don't want to to be an official camp site because I don't want to shell out cash and I don't want anyone bugging me while I'm trying to sleep.

So, anyone know any spots you want to share?

Last edited:

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Hehe I'm excited :D It's gonna be fun. I'll finally be able to make good use of all the camping stuff I have. One or two night camping trips just don't cut it. :)

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Supergper said:
(sounds kinda cold) :D

Not a problem. My dad gave me a mummy bag when my parents divorced because he was "getting old and his camping days are over". It'll keep you warm in sub zero temps. :D Plus I can sleep in my jeep to avoid wind. This is gonna rock.... But I still need a spot!!

Caleb

Chiksic said:
Not a problem. My dad gave me a mummy bag when my parents divorced because he was "getting old and his camping days are over". It'll keep you warm in sub zero temps. :D Plus I can sleep in my jeep to avoid wind. This is gonna rock.... But I still need a spot!!

IMO, I would rather sleep in a tent than in your Jeep, your Jeep will act like a refrigerator, once it cools down it will continue to get colder and colder in the Jeep...

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Hmmm... but at least there will be no wind chill :) And I don't like tents much... But I have one and I'll be bringing it, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the tip.

But yeah, I need a spot :) I could always just go explore but if anyone knows of any that would work for my situation that'd be pretty cool.

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
there's not really anywhere good for that that is close and you can park at.

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Cody said:
why aren't there more girls like you (and close to my age)

Cody

:rofl: See, that's the reaction I was exprecting. None of this scary or creepy crap :p And you make it sound like either I'm super toung or you're super old. Six years is nothing, my friend. I've seen much worse in my days. :eek:

5DollerShake said:
try a remote wal-mart.... like...the one by lakeshore lmbo...
Hmmm lakeshore... hadn't thought of that. There's too many cops there though and a party everyweekend... Wait! A party every weekend! Yes! But cops are baaaad....

Keep coming with the ideas. :cool:

edit: this was my 666th post... :eek:

MattL

As cool as it might be.. If your by your self.. at least tell some one where your going to be.

Have fun.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Chiksic said:
And you make it sound like either I'm super toung or you're super old. Six years is nothing, my friend. I've seen much worse in my days. :eek:

Yeah, 6 years aint so bad. I mean, I could have been picking you up from 4th grade when I got my drivers license. ;)

When I was 18 I didn't think 23-24 y/o's were that much older. Now that I'm 24, I look back at myself when I was 18 and I didn't know **** about ****. It's amazing the amount of emotional/character growth you go through during that time.

at any rate, that's neither here nor there....

I'm sure there are plenty of places out by 5 mile you can camp for a bit.

Cody

Meat_

Banned
I can't think of anyplace that suits your needs until they start opening canyon gates.... How far are you willing to drive "home" (I guess I'd need to know where work is for that to matter)

You can get a winter camping permit (I think it's free) for AF canyon.... you can get an annual pass for the canyon for $25 (you should have that anyway ;) )

Edit: And I concur with Cody.

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Cody said:
Yeah, 6 years aint so bad. I mean, I could have been picking you up from 4th grade when I got my drivers license. ;)
Eww. :eek: But there's a big difference between a 10 and 16 year old and a 18 and 24 year old and a 30 and 36 year old. The older you get the less freakish it get. Plus guys on average are 2 years less mature than girls anyway so it's only like 4 years :p

Cody said:
When I was 18 I didn't think 23-24 y/o's were that much older. Now that I'm 24, I look back at myself when I was 18 and I didn't know **** about ****. It's amazing the amount of emotional/character growth you go through during that time.
Yeah you're probably right. I thought I knew everything when I was 16 and looking back I'm just like :eek:

Cody said:
at any rate, that's neither here nor there....

I'm sure there are plenty of places out by 5 mile you can camp for a bit.

Cody
That's a good idea, but it's a little far for me to drive daily. I still have to work and make it to school :) I'm officially moving on Saturday. I'll have to take a drive up the canyons tomorrow and see what I can find. I really don't want to be a squatter at friends houses. :rofl: