Anyone riding this weekend?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The WR is loaded up and ready to go, I think I'm going to head to the Bangs Canyon area above Grand Junction, CO and ride the Butterknife trail on Friday.-

[YOUTUBE]901l4LKq-2w[/YOUTUBE]

I hope I can convince the wife to come riding on Saturday, I'd like to load up the V-Strom and ride down to Gateway, CO and South of the La Sals, into Moab for lunch at Pasta Jays, then back home by way of Hwy 128 and I70.

So who else is riding and where are you headed?

plaidfro

I just got my new Dunlop 952 Front put on but Saturday I am riding the VW Passat down to Cali with my wife and kids. Perfect time to ride in S. Utah... I hope to hook up on a ride with you.

rholbrook

I hope I can convince the wife to come riding on Saturday, I'd like to load up the V-Strom and ride down to Gateway, CO and South of the La Sals, into Moab for lunch at Pasta Jays, then back home by way of Hwy 128 and I70.

Stay away from Pasta Jays, I heard you can get sick eating there. :)

Greg

Admin
I just got my new Dunlop 952 Front put on but Saturday I am riding the VW Passat down to Cali with my wife and kids. Perfect time to ride in S. Utah... I hope to hook up on a ride with you.

We need to get more people out to RME rides... plenty of rides in the works right now. Have fun driving to California in the Passat! :D

Stay away from Pasta Jays, I heard you can get sick eating there. :)

Funny, I've eaten there a dozen times without problem! :greg:

plaidfro

We need to get more people out to RME rides... plenty of rides in the works right now.

Keep me posted, I love riding in Moab, Green River, and the SRS. I would love to try to make a trip out to Rabbit Valley or even out in the Uncompagre area.

Locally I ride American Fork, Hobble Creek, and Nebo all summer and fall. I'd be happy to show you some of the World's greatest single track if you are ever up this way

Greg

Admin
Keep me posted, I love riding in Moab, Green River, and the SRS. I would love to try to make a trip out to Rabbit Valley or even out in the Uncompagre area.

Locally I ride American Fork, Hobble Creek, and Nebo all summer and fall. I'd be happy to show you some of the World's greatest single track if you are ever up this way

If you or any other RME'ers come this way to ride, post up! There are a few others down here that ride and would love to get together. I need to explore Green River more and really want to ride the La Sal mountain single track, after the snow goes away.

I've ridden much of AFC and some some of Hobble Creek, love in those mountains! Nebo sounds great as well. Matter of fact, we did a AFC RME Singletrack ride last Fall... only 2 of us made it, but it was a great time!

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?t=77392&page=3

Greg

Admin
Instead of riding the Butter Knife trail, I decided to ride the North Fruita desert... miles and miles of amazing single track! It was windy, but tons of fun... wore me out real good! Just a few pics from the day. -

1244863077_JYqhi-L.jpg

1244863349_yZfHs-XL.jpg

I'm not sure if we'll take the V-Strom out tomorrow, it was stupid-windy all day long here. If it's like that tomorrow, I'm not interested in riding the pavement in weather like that. :(

pELYgroso

'Merica
I'm in Moab today and Tomorrow! Bent my bars today trying to climb upchuck? or white knuckle? one of the two (on the behind the rocks trail) but a local sold me some used but in good shape renthals for cheap so I'm good to go! I think we'll try the sovereign trail tomorrow if we can find a decent map for it.