Anyone see the DesNews Opinion Section Today?

kirk86CJ

There is a big ad on the last page - (full page ad).

Basically an anti-access advertisement appearing as a letter to the Governor

The bottom was signed by a bunch of businesses.

USA-All or U4WDA should do the same type of thing. Anyone know how much a one page ad costs?

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
It was in the Trib as well. Did you notice some of the names of the businesses that were supporting it? I will NEVER eat at Eddie mcStiff's again!! (Not that it is a regular hangout of mine in the first place). We should start a Land Use "black list" and have Greg make it a sticky. It would list all the places that are green leaning, and then have an access equivalent. For example, REI would be blacklisted and it's equivalent would be Sportsman's Warehouse.

(Maybe that's not a good example...not sure if Sportsman's is 100% on our side.)

EZ

JackKeslerCustoms

camicaztoy said:
does any one have the means to post the ad or a link to it? i would like to see it but i don't get the tribe.

I don't know if you can link to an ad or not, and I don't type well enough to do the list. Eddie McStiffs was surprising, along with the Moab Chevron.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I'm thinking that we need to get a letter writing campaign going. Everyone needs to write a letter to the Moab buisnesses that signed onto that thing say that we will no longer support them. It should make an impact, especially to the Chevron.
I'm gonna find the addresses and post them up.

utahmike

Lobbyist \ Consultant
USA-ALL is working on a rebuttal. these ads are very expensive. Also we have first hand knowledge that some of these businesses didnt even know they were listed and are not in support of SUWA or this ad. PLEASE, call these businesses and let them know how you feel. legal avanues are being explored. And although i am an a avid sportsman, Spotsmans wharehouse and other sportsman related businesses, seem to lean on the green side of things. I think if they really understood the issues they would swing the other way, but SFW seems to steer them wrong. Its a bad deal. A black list would be great! here is a start SUWAs Supporters

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Mike,
Do you by chance have a list of buisnesses that support SUWA? That list is more of what groups support SUWA, and they are pretty self explanitory. We need to know what companies supprt them, then they can feel the pain of not having our economic support.

sibeta

I was friends with the kid that is the Manager/ owner of that moab Chevron. I cannot believe they are on that list, that is just too bad. I guess no more gas there.

just lucky

This is in todays tribune also...
Happy Trails
Scott
http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_2629650
Article Last Updated: 03/29/2005 11:31:15 PM

Access to our land

Recent letters to the Public Forum regarding Commissioner Mark Habbeshaw's enforcement of Kane County rights of way demonstrate a fundamental misunderstanding of the issues.
How would Tom Carter feel if the Bureau of Land Management closed the road leading to his house in Kanab? I suspect he would be outraged and immediately call the sheriff. If the barricades remained, he would no doubt prevail upon Gov. Huntsman to restore his lost access.
This is a failed analogy, many would say, because, although the BLM obviously doesn't own the streets of Kanab, it surely must own the roads on the public lands it manages. Yet herein lies the source of the misunderstanding.
In 1866, Congress granted these roads and their rights of way to the counties and states. In 1976 Congress ended the granting of new rights but guaranteed the validity of those already in existence. For the past 25 years, federal land management agencies have undertaken a politically inspired program of ignoring these property rights in order to remove the public from public lands. Sadly, some local governments have been reluctant to confront this tragic encroachment on the rights of the people of Utah.
We must commend Commissioner Habbeshaw for trying to set things right and for having the courage to stand up to the federal behemoth as it devours the last remnants of pubic land access.

Rainer Huck
President, Utah Shared Access Alliance
Salt Lake City