South-East Utah April RME Monthly Trip - Moab, UT

pELYgroso

'Merica
It looks like I'll be coming as well, pulling in Friday night. I'm down for whatever but if pickle will damage a JKU top, I might be wary of that one. Can a JKU on 37's w/ only rear locker do cliffhanger?

I might like to do something more scenic on Sunday morning before heading back...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
It looks like I'll be coming as well, pulling in Friday night. I'm down for whatever but if pickle will damage a JKU top, I might be wary of that one. Can a JKU on 37's w/ only rear locker do cliffhanger?

I might like to do something more scenic on Sunday morning before heading back...

I don't think you'd have a problem at all. It would be good to wheel with you!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Friday sounds like Pritchett, time still pending. I'll be in town Thurs noonish.
Saturday: Cliff Hanger. Meeting time and location? 9:00-9:30 trailhead?
Sunday: Pickle. Meeting time and location? Since this one is farther out of town, I wonder if we should meet somewhere beside the turn off...? We could meet at the Gemini turnoff / parking area

I finally got a CB hooked up, probably need to tune it. Should we set a RME channel for the weekend? :cool:

smfulle

Saturday: Cliff Hanger. Meeting time and location? 9:00-9:30 trailhead?

If you want to ride with the flat fenders on Cliffhanger, you probably should plan for earlier that 9. We are shooting to get on and off the trail early. I would say at the trail head by 7:30. If that’s too early for you, no problem. You more capable guys will probably catch up to us anyway.
If we get done early enough we might stick our heads in Pritchett on the way back to town. If we did that we would go no further than Rocker Knocker. All is dependent on time.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If you want to ride with the flat fenders on Cliffhanger, you probably should plan for earlier that 9. We are shooting to get on and off the trail early. I would say at the trail head by 7:30. If that’s too early for you, no problem. You more capable guys will probably catch up to us anyway.
If we get done early enough we might stick our heads in Pritchett on the way back to town. If we did that we would go no further than Rocker Knocker. All is dependent on time.

Good to know! Sorry I missed your posted time. We can bump it to 8:00... for our start? All input welcome! I better bring the strong coffee.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
Im planning on being in town Sat and Sun.... doubt I will be there in time to drop the trailer and meet you guys for Cliffhanger though.

Gawynz

Cliffhanger Saturday: Are we saying meet at the trailhead at 7:30/8 or be unloaded and rolling out by that time? I'd vote that we be unloaded and heading down the trail by 8:30, but I'll make whatever work.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Cliffhanger Saturday: Are we saying meet at the trailhead at 7:30/8 or be unloaded and rolling out by that time? I'd vote that we be unloaded and heading down the trail by 8:30, but I'll make whatever work.

I prefer this too. Probably head out 8:30ish

smfulle

At least 2 flat fenders are going to be (planning to be) at the trail head ready to roll at 7:30. We would like to be well up the trail by 8:30.
I am not the leader or organizer of this RME trip so I don't want to seem like I'm dictating to anyone. We just really want to get going early so we can 1. beat any crowds and 2. get back early so that we might be able to hit another obstacle or two on the way out of town, or get well on our way home before dark if Cliffhanger takes us a while. We both are not really night owls so getting going early is our norm. No more wild oats to sow if you know what I mean.

All that having been said, if the majority of the group wants to start later, please do. I'm sure you'll catch us or at least see us pass by as we head back out. We might need you as winch points by then anyway. :)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So Friday.... I'm planning to be in town mid-morning, before Noon. Not too interested in Pritchett with the little Willys, but I was thinking about the Moab Rim. Anyone going to be around at that point, that doesn't have other plans?

Gawynz

I'm going to try and summarize the days/trails/start times and folks can edit/repost this bulleted list as we settle on things. A few of the times I just threw in as suggestions so feel free to propose a different time. I tried to list folks who have committed to the different runs so that we know if we're missing someone. If this is a stupid idea… I’m fine with that too ha. Currently, as I understand it:
  • Friday April 20th
    • Pritchett Canyon (summit @ ~Yellow Hill and back)
      • On the trail time: 9am
      • Meeting Point: Trailhead
      • Rigs: Herzog, Gawynz
    • Moab Rim
      • On the trail time: 12 noon
      • Rigs: Greg
  • Saturday April 21st
    • Cliffhanger
      • On the trail time #1: 7:30am
        • Rigs: Jeff, smfulle, Greg
      • On the trail time #2: 8:30am
        • mbryson, xjtony, Herzog, Greg, rubi_On_Rocks, Gawynz, pELYgroso
  • Sunday April 22nd
    • Pickle
      • Meeting Point: Gemini turnoff (meet at 8am)
      • Rigs: Herzog, Greg, Gawynz, xjtony,
Again, if I’ve missed someone or some detail or something needs changed, copy/paste the list, edit, and repost, we’ll consider the latest to be correct.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm going to try and summarize the days/trails/start times and folks can edit/repost this bulleted list as we settle on things. A few of the times I just threw in as suggestions so feel free to propose a different time. I tried to list folks who have committed to the different runs so that we know if we're missing someone. If this is a stupid idea… I’m fine with that too ha. Currently, as I understand it:
  • Friday April 20th
    • Pritchett Canyon (summit @ ~Yellow Hill and back)
      • Rigs: Herzog, Gawynz
    • Moab Rim
      • On the trail time: 12 noon
      • Rigs: Greg
  • Saturday April 21st
    • Cliffhanger
      • On the trail time #1: 7:30am
        • Rigs: Jeff, smfulle, Greg
      • On the trail time #2: 8:30am
        • mbryson, xjtony, Herzog, Greg, rubi_On_Rocks, Gawynz, pELYgroso
  • Sunday April 22nd
    • Pickle
      • Meeting Point: Gemini turnoff (meet at 8am)
      • Rigs: Herzog, Greg, Gawynz, xjtony,
Again, if I’ve missed someone or some detail or something needs changed, copy/paste the list, edit, and repost, we’ll consider the latest to be correct.

Thanks for breaking down the plans, there's a lot going on and that will be a great refrence!