Trip Report April RME Trip; MOAB!

Brisauce

Hey guys! This is Brian. I wanted to thank Tyler for the invite and everyone else for letting me tag along in the JL. I left some fender plastic all along the way but I didn't scratch it!

I've got a bunch of pics and video and will upload them today.

Brian

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Hey guys! This is Brian. I wanted to thank Tyler for the invite and everyone else for letting me tag along in the JL. I left some fender plastic all along the way but I didn't scratch it!

Brian

Great to have you along! It was fun to see a new rig like that on the trail getting used.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

Brian

The JL is impressive! Glad to have you here, it was great meeting you and your family.

smfulle

I finally had time to go through all my GoPro video from this ride. This is basically a trail guide type video with the entire trail covered but the speed is bumped up to 8 times in order to get an all day ride into a 30 minute video. I have used video from Jeff and Ted to give my "alternate views."
There is lots of Grampa's Jeep action in this video, but not really any from the other jeeps on this ride.
Jeff and Ted made cool videos that concentrated on the obstacles and action parts or the ride. This video hopefully gives you an idea of the how the whole trail looks if you were hanging off the side mirror and moving really fast.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I finally got around to finishing my video edit, I'm not totally happy with it though. My GoPro mount was shaking, making the footage and sound terrible.... to cover it up, I added music which I would prefer to have done without. I stole some various clips from a few friends that caught some good footage as well. The drone footage is minimal, wish there would have been more and I wish I'd have taken more footage of the others, rather than pics. I know some won't care for the music, but I like it.... so... :cody:

smfulle

Put this on the cj2apage, but thought I'd double it up here.

Greg,
I really like this video. I too wish there were more drone shots.
I took the liberty of taking a few screen shots of your drone footage. It goes by so fast that I wanted a longer chance to gaze at the wonder of those 4 awesome jeeps on the the cliff's edge.

cliffhanger2.jpgcliffhanger3.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Put this on the cj2apage, but thought I'd double it up here.

Greg,
I really like this video. I too wish there were more drone shots.
I took the liberty of taking a few screen shots of your drone footage. It goes by so fast that I wanted a longer chance to gaze at the wonder of those 4 awesome jeeps on the the cliff's edge.

View attachment 113738View attachment 113739

All the drone shots I got were pretty much the same thing and pretty boring... and I try to keep people's attention with quick shots, not showing the same thing in my vids. But those are cool screen shots! I could make a quick vid of drone and photograph shots from the overlook, but it won't be too exciting.