ARB parts and repair

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I found a Dana 70 ARB locker for a good price, but it has a broken cross shaft. Looks like there's a Short and Long cross shaft, both are available and cost around $80 together.

It's also 32 spline and I'd need to upgrade it to 35 spline, if it's possible. Anyone have experience with this? This may be more work than it's really worth, but I'd like to look into it.

I believe it's part# ARB-RD171

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I've had really good luck in the past, just calling ARBUSA's tech support. They should be able to tell you what you need.

And as long as I'm assuming, you'll probably need a full internal gear set to swap out to 35 spline. Small possibility it could just be side gears and not spiders though? They should be the same case for the 35 or 32 spline versions, just a parts change.

Greg

Admin
I've had really good luck in the past, just calling ARBUSA's tech support. They should be able to tell you what you need.

And as long as I'm assuming, you'll probably need a full internal gear set to swap out to 35 spline. Small possibility it could just be side gears and not spiders though? They should be the same case for the 35 or 32 spline versions, just a parts change.

I did some searching and found similar side and spider gear parts kits for ARB's... in the $500 range. That's more than I'd hoped and by the time I buy it, replace cross shafts and upgrade to 35 spline, the value just isn't there. Thanks for the info though!

Greg

Admin
In my experience buying used ARB lockers, I'll just buy a new one in the box. It's worth not dealing with all the parts searching unless you're getting the locker for about 1/3 of the retail cost or less. Just my opinion

Totally agree, for the price of the spiders and side gears, I can buy a Detroit. And my Dana 70 really doesn't need a selectable locker.

Yes, I ran the part #'s for the cross shafts from that document. 😁

Bart

I'm with Marc on this one, just buy new. I bought a used ARB once from a so called friend that assured me parts were available for it., then went to Kurt at CruiserOutfiters for parts and found out that the seller had already visited him and knew that ARB no longer made parts for it. Needless to say the seller is no longer a friend.