ARB Tread Pro

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Sounds like it's just an ARB-branded TRED recovery board. I have some of the older, smaller TRED 1100's and while they've done the job, but I don't think they're as durable as the Maxtrax. These older TRED 1100's will break on the edges when used as bridging devices and don't do well with spinning tires. I've been careful when using mine, the biggest reason I choose these was the lifetime warranty they offer along with the lower price.

I've heard the newer TRED Pros (same as the ARB's linked to) are supposed to be much better, though.

Buy some, try them out and let us know!

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I likely will. These are for my dad for christmas. He often wanders the sage brush in snow shooting hoppy things. I worry at his age he can't walk 20 miles back to a road. These seem like the perfect solution. I bought him a kick ass Spot type device a few years ago, it's still in the box so I have to get creative. I'll bolt these to the front of the bed in his Taco so he doesn't forget them:D

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Yup, used them a fair bit as recent as a few days last week. I still prefer the Maxtrax and Maxtrax Extremes even more so but at the ARB Tred Pro pricepoint, value is fair imo.
Thanks for the feedback. That seems to be the consensus, maxtrax are better. They aren't much more $ than the tred pros either.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Got a call from my old man this week. He went up to our property above Avintiquin canyon. He started off the ridge road and the road got slick. He made it down to a spot to turn around and couldn't go back up the hill. He called me in a bit of a panic asking if I had tire chains for my truck. After I reminded him I have a jeep on 37's with lockers and a winch, I asked if he tried the Treds I got him for just such and occasion. To my surprise he actually had them in the truck but hadn't tried them.

Got a call about 10 minutes later and he was out. Worked just as advertised and in just the situation I had anticipated.