ARB

iamjimbrady

Hey there - I have a 99 TJ 4.0 with 35's and 4:10 gears. I'm happy with the way it's performs. I can run down the highway, tow my fishing boat, and wheel it as well. It came stock with a Dana 30 up front and last year I built an 8.8 for the rear. Today I found a 27 spine Dana 30 with an ARB that has 4:56 gears. From everything that I've read the ARB RB100 is designed for 3:73 ratio and up. I'm looking for confirmation that I can swap my 4:10 ring gear to this ARB with 4:56 ring gear.

Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_5790.JPG
    IMG_5790.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6904.JPG
    IMG_6904.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6972.JPG
    IMG_6972.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4063.jpg
    IMG_4063.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4820.jpg
    IMG_4820.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 17

Omgbecki

If you are just taking the arb out of that axle and putting it in your d30 do you have plans with that other axle? Not to sound like a vulture but I have a d30 with 4.56 that could use some fresher used parts. Sorry if this sounds intrusive.

iamjimbrady

Not at all. I don't hold on to stuff very long if I have no intention on using it. I'm planning on building this one and then swapping mine out. Then my old housing will be up for grabs, I just need it to find a good home shortly after. You're welcome to the housing and the 4:56 ring and pinion but I'm located just north of Bellingham, Washington. I'm happy to box up the gears if you want to pay for shipping. It'll probably be next week before I pull it apart and get started. Let me know.

I'm looking for a 4:10 ring and pinion so that I can build this axle without pulling mine apart. If you know where one might be that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Jim

iamjimbrady

Well...after a bit of research it appears that I'll be keeping the 4.56's in the Dana 30 and re-gearing the rear end to match. If the calculations are somewhat correct that would put me at approximately 2250 RPM's at 65 MPH with the 35's.

So now I'm looking for 4.56 ring and pinion for an 8.8