Are steel prices absolutely through the roof right now?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Just went to price out a little square tube and about had a heart attack, a stick of 2" .180 is 172 bucks! I don't buy steel often enough to know, is that where it's been for a while or didn't that used to be $40-$50 in the recent past?

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I have been seeing these high prices also, I typically shop Wasatch Steel, so if anyone finds a cheaper source, please share.

J-mobzz

I have been seeing these high prices also, I typically shop Wasatch Steel, so if anyone finds a cheaper source, please share.
Tripple S is always cheaper. But you'll feel it in the customer experience. Bring a tape measure and caliper to measure everything before you leave, It's not uncommon for them to load up the wrong stuff that "looks" right

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

Tripple S is always cheaper. But you'll feel it in the customer experience. Bring a tape measure and caliper to measure everything before you leave, It's not uncommon for them to load up the wrong stuff that "looks" right

And it's damned hard to get somebody at the Triple S sales counter on the phone. I feel like they are very much biased towards their big accounts and if you don't have a sales rep's direct line you're kinda screwed IME. I've been shopping at Wasatch Steel too because the convenience of ordering on line has been worth the couple extra bucks.

I haven't called yet, I got busy today. But I'll put up with Triple S's bull**** if they're really around half the price of Wasatch...

Last edited: